cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Lumia 930 fault

Anonymous
Not applicable
I sent off my phone for repairs via my local O2 store due to a dark tinted circle on the screen as I only got it 28th Sept 2014. I did stress this was not water damaged as I hadn't dropped it in water, but was told that I could be asked to pay if the fault was not covered under warranty. I got a text couple of days later that I would have to pay. I went into the O2 store to ask about the amount to be paid and to my surprise, 02 asked me to pay £230.00. What type of fault is covered if this isn't? Also I had also initially paid £25 for a loan phone and although I was told it was a non smart phone, I was given a £10 phone as a loan phone at which point I asked for a refund immediately. Can someone advice of the next step please. I have just picked my phone up 24th Feb, and wondering what else I can do.
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143454 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Contact Nokia directly.
It's not uncommon for the repair company to claim it's not covered by warranty in order to rip off customers.
You should get better service (or at least accuracy) from Nokia directly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
  • 143454 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Contact Nokia directly.
It's not uncommon for the repair company to claim it's not covered by warranty in order to rip off customers.
You should get better service (or at least accuracy) from Nokia directly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You can find your nearest Nokia Care point in this link....

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/mobile/support/care-point/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3