cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Lumia 820 randomly turns off

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone had any issues with Nokia Lumia 820's randomly turning off and not powering back on?

At the moment I have to take the battery out which is becomming annoying!

Anyone know if a fix or should I get the phone swapped?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sounds like it could be. Not familiar with the phone but do you have an SD card in it? If so try with it out. You could also try without the SIM in just incase it is faulty - If not take it back to be looked at.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any recent apps added or upgrades? That is the normally the first point of call for those type of issues.

Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Agreed - Look to recent apps or app updates....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

No updates, and it started to do it before I had installed any apps. I did a reset on the phone last night and it turned off over night again. So I am guessing bad hardware?

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sounds like it could be. Not familiar with the phone but do you have an SD card in it? If so try with it out. You could also try without the SIM in just incase it is faulty - If not take it back to be looked at.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5