cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Lumia 635 Internet APN

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't connect to my mobile Internet on my nokia lumia 635, what are the apn settings? I hate having to phone up customer services.

Also if you could help me set up picture messaging that would be great xD

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 2 of 17

MI5
  • 143443 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Manual settings here if required http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/o2-apn-settings#windows
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 17

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Make sure you look at the charges for picture messaging. Be aware that they are not included in your monthly allowance.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Alternatives are e mail , what app and viber.

Much better than £0.40p per mms !
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
...stupid question (?) but does the Internet APN have any influence on whether Find My Phone will work properly? Am finding that the Find My Phone function on recently purchased Lumia is attrocious in terms of reliable functionality and am trying to check settings on device to see whether there is a reason for this.
Message 6 of 17

MI5
  • 143443 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Not if you have location services enabled as it will use GPS.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 17

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you have Web connection when you switch off wifi then you have the correct apn and it will make no difference at all to locating your phone. As said, make sure location services are on.

Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
...the location services is definitely ON. Comparing to my iPhone the Find my Phone service pales to the extent that it behaves as if for most of time it is not receiving GPS signal and passing data back to Microsoft. No reason for this - the Drive + function works beautifully for turn by turn navigation but the Find My phone service just fails 90% of the time (will be lucky if it will update location more than twice in a 10 mile car journey).
It SEEMS like it is only updating location when in Wifi area (eg the whole time it was abroad in Norway last week it only briefly confirmed location at Bergen airport despite having working network data connection elsewhere) It was able to pick up email and make calls but the Find My Phone service was unable to locate it ONCE on all the occasions it was tried.
Message 9 of 17

MI5
  • 143443 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The phone will use wifi, gps and cell towers to provide accurate location data, assuming you have all 3 of them enabled and working.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 17