cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Lumia 620 freezing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I bought a Lumia 620 (pay as you go) from an O2 store around a month ago.  Over the last week it keeps freezing....generally when I get a text message I can't slide up to look at it. Same with some phone calls, I can't answer them (the buttons than are normally purple for you to press..answer, ignore etc are greyed out).  I have to 're set' it by clicking the lock button on and off.

Any suggestions?  Should I return it and change to a different phone if that's even possible?

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suggest a factory reset rather than just switching on/off, you'll find the option in settings - give that a try and see how it goes.

If it doesn't then go with stuarts' advise - if you've had the phone over 28 days go direct to Nokia.

Ps, welcome to the community slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
When exactly did you buy it as O2 will replace it within 28 days but after that they send it for repair which is known to be terrible and in that case you would be better getting in touch with Nokia
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh really?  Not great then...I bought it on 25th April at their store in Milton Keynes.  Having googled it seems quite a few people are having this issue, so I wonder whether getting a replacement of the same model is worth it?  Maybe should have gone for the HTC instead - I was torn between the two!   Thanks for your reply.

Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry I should have made it clearer you are entitled to a replacement or your money back within 28 days which you are so you should have no problem returning it and buying something different slight_smile
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suggest a factory reset rather than just switching on/off, you'll find the option in settings - give that a try and see how it goes.

If it doesn't then go with stuarts' advise - if you've had the phone over 28 days go direct to Nokia.

Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah fab thank you, sorry takes me a while to catch on. wink  I'll pop back then and have yet another long agonising decision on which phone to buy! Ha ha!  Thanks for your help!

Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

***damiens' advise***

Third large rum - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it wink

Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Stuart ? slight_smile
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good excuse phil think I might have one myself soon slight_smile
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Smiley Very Happy thought i hadnt replied to this topic but thanks for attributing it to me anywaySmiley Very Happy i must have a fanSmiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 15