cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Lumia 610

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my phone a couple of weeks ago and I was wondering if you could answer the following questions;

1. When I got my phone I received a text from 22122 stating that we’d like to ask you 5 quick questions to help us improve. I then received another text showing Q1 of 4 to which I replied and got a reply thanking me for my feedback. Were there meant to be 5 questions and I’ve still not received any more questions.

2. I got charged for using the internet (I wasn’t aware that I went on any sites) and this showed on my bill under recent charges as UK browse and download.

If my data connection is set to On, will this always be the case and why does this happen?

3. Within the People tile it shows tiles under Recent. Can these be deleted? I’m aware you can delete from the Start but not from there.

4. How do you delete a picture off your wallpaper even though the picture has been deleted from your album?

5. If you’ve added a picture to your Favourites I presume you need a data connection in order to view this? Is the picture still stored in your Favourites even though it’s been deleted from your album?

6. I’ll be getting internet on my phone at some point this month but I currently don’t have this feature. If I set my data connection to On, will I get charged for accessing my e-mails?

7. When you add an e-mail account this then re-names the tile to eg. Google Mail. Can this be reset back to the original setting? I think this was called E-Mail Set Up or E-Mail + Accounts but I’m sure you’ll know what it was called.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Craig

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Most of the information you require can be found in the Nokia manual for the Lumia 610:

http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/guides/Nokia_Lumia_610_UG_en.pdf

A weather app which you can get from the Nokia ovi store will give you normally a 5-7 forecast in areas of your choice or local.

Connecting to a friends or retailers wifi will not be chargeable by O2 and is free as long as you have the users' permission and network code. You don't need mobile data turned on to use wifi.

You don't need a data connection to view anything saved to your phone.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Hello and welcome to the forums:)

Ill answere each point individually.

1)there is meant to be 4 questions I'm unsure where the others got to. You may recieve them at some point in the future I wouldn't worry too much:)

2) you can be charged for any app that accesses data even if its a wheather app or email box updating.

Do you not have a data plan?

3)I cannot find a way of doing this one sorry. Is it inconvient to you?

4) would appear as though setting it to another picture would have the desired effect of removing it.
http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/product/lumia710/userguide/?action=onlineuserguidepagechange&pFil...

5) depends if the image is stored in your phones album. You can save images from online to your phone. But any images that are stored online will cost you data sorry.
http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/product/lumia610/userguide/?action=onlineuserguidepagechange&pFil...

6) yes you will get charged for any data you use be it email, apps updating, Facebook or anything similar.

7) you can change it in the mail box settings.
http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/troubleshooting/?action=singleFAQ&caseid=FA136386_en_US

Hope this all helps:) let me know if anything didn't work and ill find a solution for you:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice one, Liquid. I like slight_smile
Message 3 of 6

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Considering I don't know anything about the phone I'm quite glad the op hasn't come back telling me it was all wrong haha:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your responses to my questions.

However please see below;

1. I've still not received the other 3 questions but as you say they may be sent at some point in the future.

2. What is a wheather app and where can I access my data plan?

3. I think it's inconvenient to show tiles under recent as you may receive a call or text messagewhich then gets stored but you don't need to use in the future. Please can you find out some more information for me on this.

4. I now know how to do this.

5. If you delete the picture from your album, this also gets deleted from your Favourites. However, if you delete a picture from your Favourites, the picture is still stored in your album. You don't need a data connection to view your album or Favourites.

6. When you connect to a friends WiFi I presume you can still access the internet and your e-mails with no charge, even though the data connection is set to Off?

7. This does not tell me how to delete an existing e-mail account. I need a more detailed explanation for a Nokia Lumia 610.

If you could look into the above, that would be appreciated.

Thanks

Craig

Message 5 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Most of the information you require can be found in the Nokia manual for the Lumia 610:

http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/guides/Nokia_Lumia_610_UG_en.pdf

A weather app which you can get from the Nokia ovi store will give you normally a 5-7 forecast in areas of your choice or local.

Connecting to a friends or retailers wifi will not be chargeable by O2 and is free as long as you have the users' permission and network code. You don't need mobile data turned on to use wifi.

You don't need a data connection to view anything saved to your phone.

Message 6 of 6