cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia 930 - incoming calls go straight to voicemail; can't call out. Sometimes

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

I bought a Nokia 930 just under a fortnight ago from CPW. They inserted the sim card.

It's a new contract with O2 but not my first or only contract with O2.

3 times now in the 12 days I've had it, the phone has started sending incoming calls straight to voicemail - I only know there's been a call when I get the notification.

At the same time, I then cannot make outgoing calls.

This is only solved by removing and reinserting the sim, then restarting the phone.

Has anyone any ideas what it might be? I don't know if it's a phone issue or an O2 issue, because I don't know enough to know. Livechat is not available today.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144516 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions
Good grief 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I'll plan to wait until the sim arrives - maybe it'll be one of those where you can push out the sim the size you need.

If not, or if the phone is still dodgy, I'll head straight to CPW, and hope they'll do an exchange.

Message 22 of 37

MI5
  • 144516 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions
You'll always worry about the phone if you don't get it changed.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 23 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

True, O King.

Should I just get myself down to CPW tomorrow, do you think? Yes, I know that kind of question is a bit wet but haven't dealt with CPW before. slight_smile

Message 24 of 37

MI5
  • 144516 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions
If it was me, yes.
Tell then you've had a sim swap and it's still playing up so you've lost confidence in the handset and want it exchanging......

Currently using:
Message 25 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, O2 have sent a combo standard and micro sim, not a nano. Oy.

So I'll take it back to CPW on Friday, my day off. I've searched around the site and can't find any mention of a 30 day exchange policy, only a 14 day one for online purchases. Could you maybe point me to a link, please?

Thank you.

Message 26 of 37

MI5
  • 144516 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions

I was slightly wrong.... It's 28 days....

Exchanging a faulty item

AccessoriesIn the unlikely event your accessory develops a manufacturer's fault within the first 12 months, let us know, and providing you're eligible we'll happily exchange the product for you.

All other productsIn the unlikely event your product develops a manufacturer's fault within the first 28 days, let us know, and providing you're eligible we'll happily exchange the product for you

What about after 28 days?In the unlikely event that your handset develops a manufacturer's fault after 28 days, let us know, and providing you're eligible under the manufacturer's warranty, we'll happily repair the product for you.

Currently using:
Message 27 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let us know what cpw says.

Cpw T&C will Be on their home site.
Message 28 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the link. It takes me to "There's something wrong with a product I bought", where I've been before but I can't find the link on to the 28 day bit.....
Message 29 of 37

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions