cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

The all new Nokia 8 Goes on sale 13th sept!! 

It will be available to buy on September 13 for £499 prepaid, in two colour variants: steel and blue.

Confirmed stockers of the Nokia 8 include: Carphone Warehouse, EE, Virgin, Amazon and John Lewis.

Monthly plans from Carphone Warehouse start at £34 with a £9.99 upfront cost. A free Nokia steel smartwatch worth £119.99 is included. Both colour schemes are available.

EE will be stocking the blue version and prices start at £40.49 per month with a £9.99 upfront cost. Virgin have yet to confirm pricing and colour ways.

Features

The Nokia 8 is encased in a glass body with Gorilla Glass 5 on the 5.3-inch IPS display. Resolution for the screen is quad HD, 1440 x 2560 pixels, and features an always-on mode. Dimensions are 151.5 x 73.7 x 7.9 mm, the device weighs 160g.

Powering the device is the octa-core Snapdragon 835 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. Internal memory stands at 64GB upgradeable up to 25GB via microSD. It will run Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box.

Bothie

Primary snapper is 13 megapixels with a f/2.0 aperture and laser autofocus. The main camera uses lens from optics manufacturer Carl Zeiss. The front-facing camera is also 13 megapixels with phase detection autofocus.

Users can snap a picture of themselves and a point of interest simultaneously with a software feature called ‘bothie’.

Other features include: 3,090mAh battery, USB Type-C and front-mounted fingerprint sensor.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

As a lover of Nokia phones

Wish I was in a financial situation to buy one ... but ... I 'aint 

Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

looking at the specs it looks quite good, only downside is that they are using a rather out dated android platform, (nuggat) where they could of used a more uptodate version to boost the phones credibility in the market and push it against HTC's and Blackbery's 

Message 3 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Nokia just doesn't do it for me anymore though I would like to try one instore and get a feel for it. At least it's android now so it could be a good seller, many people are still loyal to the brand. 

Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Eh...outdated? It comes with the latest version of Nougat and will be one of the first devices outside of the original Pixel and Nexus devices to get Oreo. HTC and Blackberry's are on Nougat and will remain so for some time. If you were talking about Marshmallow or Lollipop you'd have a point. But Nougat? Not a valid criticism.

Message 5 of 15

alan1yandell
  • 21 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The new Blackberry Krypton which is due out in Oct-Nov will be loaded with Orio OS,and that will have a 4000 mamp battery.Plus the KeyOne will be updated for sure but the Dtek60/50 devices im sure wont be.
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
That Blackberry will only have a mid range processor (SD625/626) and will have only a full HD screen. It's only trick is the battery. It is not a competitor at all.
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
The big question that hasn't been answered is whether or not o2 will sell any of the new nokias directly, or whether would be customers will move with their feet to the likes of the carphone warehouse
Message 8 of 15

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Only @Chris_K can answer that for us?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

According to this article it looks as if O2 won't be stocking it ...

The Nokia 8 is available for preorder now from Nokia.com, EE, Carphone Warehouse and Virgin, and will be available to buy in the UK on 13 September from Carphone Warehouse, EE, Virgin, Amazon, John Lewis and a range of high-street and online retailers.

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/nokia/1405731/nokia-8-uk-release-date-price-specs-and-rumours-nokia-s...

Though as said, only @Chris_K can confirm.Though they will be a little 'late to the party' as it's been available since September....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 15