Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia 623i phone

tomjonesnumber1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why do I have such differculty in connecting to the internet on my old Nokia 623i mobile phone

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hi @tomjonesnumber1 

I assume you mean the Nokia 6230i ?

If so, it is only a GSM phone and was therefore never capable of connecting to todays data networks very well at all. The very best you will get is a 2g connection.

This was a phone released around 2005 and technology has moved on significantly since then.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @tomjonesnumber1 

I'm not a tech expert or an expert on Nokia phones, my only Nokia phone was the 3310.

Have you had any recent software updates? It's quite possible your mobile is no longer being supported, hence the problems you are experiencing.

But I will leave it to the more techy members to give you a definitive answer.

In the meantime, welcome to the forum Welcome

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hi @tomjonesnumber1 

I assume you mean the Nokia 6230i ?

If so, it is only a GSM phone and was therefore never capable of connecting to todays data networks very well at all. The very best you will get is a 2g connection.

This was a phone released around 2005 and technology has moved on significantly since then.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
If it’s the 6230i then that phone is not internet capable. I had 2 of these when they were originally released
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Technically they are GSM only which means internet via a wap dial up.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Also what could have happened as it was a wap phone and how phones have changed the sites you used to access might have changed so that the new phones access the page but old phones wont
Message 6 of 6