cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia 1020 problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had mine for 18months and I love it! I am not an app person so the lack of apps did not bother me. I love the camera and I like the windows software however problems just started last week when the battery seemed to have problems holding its charge or showing that the battery was full but run out of power within the hour. 

On Monday it froze completely as soon as I dismissed one of my alarms. I have tried all the reset buttons as suggested in many forums but that worked eventually after 5 hours of trying! I then managed to back up my photos. Yesterday Morning it froze again and I have not been able to revive it.

Can it be a software update? or the battery? I don't want to buy a new phone as I am happy with this one and if its repairable. Can anyone help? Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It does sound like a software issue.
Unless you are familiar with flashing software I would suggest you contact Nokia to get your phone repaired under warranty.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/mobile/support/care-point/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Have you received any updates to the handset recently? not necessarily app updates, more system updates?
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

good thinking guys!

Message 4 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

two year warranty but deal directly with Nokia rather than O2 if a repair is necessary.

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
How are you getting on with this @Anonymous ?

Message 6 of 6