cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No upgrade to the 'my02app' for BlackBerry phones

Anonymous
Not applicable

I contacted 02 today (23/03/2015) about the advertised upgrade to the My02app and was told it won't happen. 02 have NO plans to design the app for BlackBerry phones (even on the new operating system). Their excuse...there are not enough customers using blackberry to justify money being spent on this app. 

The web site offers the app for...wait for it...the iphone, android and windows based mobiles. The BlackBerry has lost out again.

What has annoyed me more than anything is O2 couldn't even bother their backside to let THEIR paying customers know what was planned. 

Typical take your money and treat you like a second rate person. I know I will be leaving 02 after 15 years. I have three blackberry phones for business because they are secure. It may not be enough to affect O2 but it will make me feel a lot better. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can understand your frustration.

I have just moved from windows phone to Android for this reason, it's not just O2 and their apps (though hats off to O2 for a full range of windows apps). A lot of app developers will only develop the apps where there is a demand for the app, understandable really. 

Message 2 of 12

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Development costs money, if the audience aren't there, you don't waste the money.
In o2's eyes, for low level userbases there is a Web based version that can be accessed from devices without the app.
Supply and demand.
Message 3 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Development costs money, if the audience aren't there, you don't waste the money.
In o2's eyes, for low level userbases there is a Web based version that can be accessed from devices without the app.
Supply and demand.

Also many Blackberry users are getting along with the Android version from what I read on other threads?

Not what they want to hear...but just saying...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 143410 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
With the latest BB update I thought you could use the Android apps ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Android app is the older version of My02App not the current one. I accept I can look elsewhere but why inform me to upgrade my 02 app when I can't. 

My biggest complaint is 02 not keeping their customers informed. It's like Barclays willing their customers to use a mobile banking app......but  haven't developed one for the BB10 system, absolutely absurd.

I am sure it wouldn't take that much (time or money) to adapt the android app to use on the BB10 system.

Never mind I'll look elsewhere

Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 143410 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I didn't say I was disagreeing with you. I was just offering an alternative and the android app was just updated in the last couple of days so I don't know why you think it's an older version?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 12

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143410 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
That's what I have now after the update over the weekend.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a quick note to say thanks for your contact over my problem with the My02App. I eventually managed to install the newer version of this app after uninstalling the older version on my phone. I now have the app running successfully. Just a pity 02 couldn't have informed me of this in the first place. Once again many thanks

Message 10 of 12