cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone, need new sim. Err, how?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi! Sorry if I'm being dim, but I looked everywhere. I have upgraded my phone to an android model, but it requires a micro sim and my old phone takes a full size one. How do I upgrade it - do I just have to buy a new sim? And if so, does it keep my number/credit etc. My old sim is not 4G capable, so definitely want a new one (PAYG). I assumed 02 would automatically send me a new one. Also daft question #2 - I wanted to check my credit, but I don't have the long number that comes on the credit card size attachment - I've long since lost that. It's not on the actual sim itself, is it? If not, how do I get this number again? Thanks all.
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Easiest way to get a sim swap is to go into an O2 store. They will transfer your number and credit to a new sim for you.
To check your credit dial *#10# <send>
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Easiest way to get a sim swap is to go into an O2 store. They will transfer your number and credit to a new sim for you.
To check your credit dial *#10# <send>
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Or if you can't get to an O2 store easily you can request a blank sim here: http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C... and do a sim swap online here: http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

impressive swift response here guys!

Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote: