Did you mean: 

Netgear MR1100

Sylvain
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I bought a mobile hotspot from o2 few month back and I have few questions/issue about

The model provided by o2 is Netgear MR1100

At first it looks like a standard MR1100 and apparently it is unlocked to any network, as it is working with others network SIM card. However I have noticed few things which make me think this device is not "fully" unlocked.

- 1) the default SSDID name is O2.....

- 2) it is impossible to update the firmware despite having official releases from Netgar. On my device is firmware  NTG9X50C_12.06.03.00. The current firmware available from Netgear is NTG9X50C_12.06.11.00. I tried to update manually my device with the new firmware and I received the message "firmware not compatible with this device". Automatic updates cannot find new firmware.

3) the SKU on my device is MR1100-1TFUKS which is specific to O2.

Here are my questions:

1) Am I right to think my device is an O2 customised firmware?

2) Is there a way to update the firmware, knowing that several Wifi and Ethernet connectivity issues are fixed with the new firmwares

3) Can I unlock my device with a code or some sort of manipulation?

4) Why O2 is not offering Unlimited Data on this type of device (With a condition of fair usage obviously)

5) How can I extend the Wifi range of my hotspot? I haven't notice any difference by changing the range in the device options(Short,Medium or Long) or the frequency of the bandwith  (20 Mhz,40MHz or 80 MHz)

6) Which Band Region should I use LTE All or WCDMA?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It is unlocked but running O2 firmware.
Any updates will come from O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2