Did you mean: 

Moving to France

Owe2
Level 4: Observant
  • 156 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi all.

I called O2 customer services today (excellent service) to switch over onto Simplicity (SIM only) package.

We hope to move in the next couple of months to France and was advised to use a Fench based carrier.

I also ordered a code to unlock the phone once a new SIM card is inserted which is cool.

Question is, can I port my O2 number onto say Orange France?

If anyone has any other options please let me know.

Cheers,

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Owe2
  • 156 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thanks for the reply.

I spoke with the other half yesterday and mentioned cancelling UK phone ect.. I think the penny dropped that we might actually be going Smiley Very Happy

02 or Telephonica have a roaming agreement with Orange.fr so hopefully they will be able to port my number across.

Cheers,

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Owe2 wrote:

Hi all.

I called O2 customer services today (excellent service) to switch over onto Simplicity (SIM only) package.

We hope to move in the next couple of months to France and was advised to use a Fench based carrier.

I also ordered a code to unlock the phone once a new SIM card is inserted which is cool.

Question is, can I port my O2 number onto say Orange France?

If anyone has any other options please let me know.

Cheers,

Hi,

What an adventure lies ahead of you !    Smiley Very Happy

Regarding porting your number to another countires mobile network.

I'm thinking you would need to speak to Orange France to see if their systems would accept a Uk PAC Code.

Message 2 of 3

Owe2
  • 156 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thanks for the reply.

I spoke with the other half yesterday and mentioned cancelling UK phone ect.. I think the penny dropped that we might actually be going Smiley Very Happy

02 or Telephonica have a roaming agreement with Orange.fr so hopefully they will be able to port my number across.

Cheers,

Message 3 of 3