Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed to get Samsung galaxy watch 4 to connect remotely

robmak73
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

After a month of calling o2 customer services every day I have eventually got my watch to work properly. 

No thanks to o2 may I add. 

The problem is with the update installed with text and call on other devices. 

Anyone who has had the same problem as me getting the watch and phone to connect using the o2 network data connection should try this. It worked for me. Uninstall this update. When the update for text and call for other devices has been removed. The option for WiFi calling preferred then changes to mobile network calling preferred. Select this option.

Make sure that auto update is not selected for galaxy store apps.

Then got to watch advanced settings on the phone and select remote connection. This is important. Press screen on the text not on the slider. This should take you to a screen and the bottom section has a slider for using remote connection when Bluetooth is turned off. Select this.

Reboot phone and watch and viola I now have a remote connection to make calls with out my phone next to watch.

PLEASE NOTE STAFF IN FARGATE SHEFFIELD BRANCH THAT THE WATCH DOES HAVE THIS CAPABILITY. PLEASE IN FUTURE DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE TELLING CUSTOMERS RUBBISH AND THEN PUTTING PHONE DOWN ON THEM FOR SIMPLY HAVING THE ORDASITY TO DISAGREE WITH YOU. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

Thanks for the update

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@robmak73 

Your info has been added to a guide which should help others with the same issue.

Guide HERE 

Thanks for that info.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Message 4 of 6

robmak73
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update on my watch connectivity issue. 

Since uninstalling the system Update on phone my watch has been working brilliantly. 

Out of the blue today my phone has unexpectedly updated the call or text on other devices app. I was obviously expecting the worst. The options have changed to wifi instead of mobile data. But the watch is connected remotely with no problem so far.

I think that we can assume that once the watch is able to pair remotely ok with the phone the app can be updated afterwards. Amy change in this I will keep the community updated 

Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Thanks for keeping us updated @robmak73 👍

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6