Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Lumia Repair

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've run out of kudos ... ... ... 

I'm not one to 'take the back off things' ... it's beyond my capabilities

my phone currently in for repair at O2, via the town's shop

after conversation in the pub 2 days ago ... as my phone is just over 12 months into 24 months contract ... have been told I will have to pay for the repair ... = ... anxious ... just assumed it would be repaired free ... am waiting to get a phone call from O2 shop where I opted for it to be delivered, Stavros long time manager of O2 shop attended to me att ... I can't face going into or phoning on piddling courtesy phone the O2 shop for clarification slight_frown

my phone is not an iphone but a Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE ... ... ... there is a thread on this phone with me as OP

Apologies if I've posted incorrectly on this thread 

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Jane. O2's repairers are always trying to do that to customers (many threads on here complaining about them).
Asl them why and what the damage is - why it isn't covered by warranty etc.
Really you should send it to Microsoft / Nokia to be repaired, so you can just ask O2 to return it to you and do that anyway.
They cannot charge you for doing nothing btw.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

ty as ever @MI5 ... with your encouragement & info ... well I'll tidy myself up & go into O2 shop ... Stavros said to expect a call from them today or yesterday even ... nothing yet btw

ty again MI5

Thanks!

Message 3 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

just a thought @MI5 I'd have to return the courtesy phone O2 have given me wouldn't I? ... ... ... then I'd have no phone at all ... ... ... have a boxed phone intended to use as a back-up landline but never got round to plugging it in let alone buying an adaptor for phone socket ... = ...Tech Novice Strikes Again 

Message 4 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

If honest Jane and knowing you always need a phone, you should seriously think of buying a cheap little sim free phone to keep as back up. I know what it's like to be without a phone when my S3 started playing up.

Easy enough to plug your landline in...but that restricts you to the house and is another bill to pay...

@Anonymous did a review recently about the Lumia 550. He reckons they can be bought for £40-£79 pounds

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Devices-Nokia-Blackberry/Microsoft-Lumia-550-Review/td-p/975669

(Apologies for off topic in this thread...but answering  a question asked...)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 39

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

If the o2 shop aren't deperate for the loan phone back they may let you keep it for another week or so whilst Nokia take a look at yours.
Have a word with your mate, Stavros, and see what he can do for you wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 if you think my posts above  ^  ^  ^  need moving to my thread as OP on 'other devices' ie Microsoft Nokia Lumia 640 LTE then will you please move them ... ... ... I know I've gone off-topic but it was this original thread which made me respond like wot I have above

I have posted on your review @Anonymous & ty to @Cleoriff for pointing it out to me as a suitable phone to have as a back-up

chap in O2 shop says my phone is still at their repair centre who will let the shop know then they will let me know what the problem is & damage it will cause to my finances to put right 

I can keep the Samsung old type of mobile as a courtesy phone for the time being

I've left it at that for the present ... if no response by Monday I shall be asking for my phone to be returned to me & then will send it to Microsoft / Nokia for them to have a look at

I still have the very long original receipt when I bought the phone from the O2 shop May last year

many thanks 

Message 7 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Whatever the outcome with your 640 @Anonymous a back up device if bought cheaply enough would give you peace of mind. I know you need to be available on your mobile at all times. The one reviewed by @Lovemyphone is he same os and cheap enough I think. Entirely your choice tthough

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 39

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Not really "cheap" though.
You just need an emergency £10 jobbie.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I was purely thinking about Jane being used to the Windows OS. Also she hasn't got on very well with the loan phone... Who knows how much the repair on her 640 will be? It may be a better option all round to go with a smartphone type if cheap enough.

However, the choice is limitless and probably dependant on the cost (if any) of the repair.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 39