Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumia Upgrade

Jaycr
Level 1: Joiner
  • 22 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It would appear that O2 are now the ONLY UK provider NOT to be offering the latest Tango update at this time! Anyone know why we have to be behind Vodafone, TMobile, Orange etc.? In fact it looks like this latest update is available throughout the World .... Except O2 UK! Anyone from O2 reading this?
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
It was the same with Nodo, Mango and Post Mango, they are always so slow. Although I know people who are on orange who still haven't received the Internet Sharing and Post Mango security fix.
Message 2 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry but this is not entirely true, by this time with Mango, I had already found out that o2 were going to release the update and on the same day it was released I was able to force update my phone through the zune internet trick. Here we have the opposite, o2 say they have no plans to release the update and you cannot force it through Zune.
Message 3 of 22

Boo
  • 21 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Jaycr not sure if you have an update yet but after reinstalling Zune on my pc it showed I have an update and instructed me to connect the phone. After a while it completed the update and my phone now shows ut having
Message 4 of 22

Boo
  • 21 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
phone 7.5 and the updated firmware. I am an o2 customer with lumia 800
Message 5 of 22

Jaycr
  • 22 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the "heads up" on that Boo. I'll try it later when I can get to my PC. On the Nokia update page it still shows as "waiting for approval" for O2 while all other UK carriers are showing "update available". Anyway, fingers crossed!
Message 6 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Jay, how did it go?
Message 7 of 22

Jaycr
  • 22 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No luck unfortunately. Reinstalled Zune but still said "up to date". It looks like O2 users are going to be way behind everyone else or not even going to get the update at all. You'd think that O2 would want to raise their profile to their customers after the last week but it would appear not to concern them that their loyal customers are left at the bottom of the heap.
Message 8 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hm, that's unfortunate. It's strange that it did seem to work for Boo.
Message 9 of 22

Boo
  • 21 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Seems odd to me also, My Lumia 800 is a 059L7C2 which comes up as a country variant model I upgraded via P4U this year. The Firmware version is now 1750.0805.8773.12220 and the OS version is 7.10.8773.98. It seems odd as I didn't get a update warning on the phone it was only when i reloaded Zune after restoring my laptop I had the update notification. Maybe I am missing something obvious here as everyone seems to think updates wont be available with O2 but mine seems to have it as i can now flip the phone over to silence a call. Hope you get some luck your end Jaycr. Regards
Message 10 of 22