cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumia 950 XL Options now that O2 are not supplying it.

xma1e_
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 50 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Now that it's confirmed that O2 will not be supplying the Lumia 950 XL, I'm now looking at my options.

If I were to purchase a SIM Free Lumia 950 XL elsewhere would it be able to access all O2 features, like visual voicemail?

The same with purchasing from Carphone Warehouse on O2, will that support visual voicemail?

My final option, and most likely option, is to just leave O2 and go to a network that supports the new flagship XL phone.

Thanks

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

There`s talk on the www that amazon are pulling the 950XL off sale in the UK and france and that it`s already done so in germany, although it`s still showing at the moment on the uk site.

Message 32 of 45

MI5
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Why, what's up with it?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 45

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

xma1e_
  • 50 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The story that broke yesterday (3/1/2016) was that Amazon UK pulled them due to problems. People didn't really know the real reason, but the bloggers had to make something up to sell the story.

The fact that a day later you can buy them again on Amazon UK (just checked)  says it all.

I think what people saw may have been amazon preparing to sell them on other Carriers (I see O2 is an option now), I could be wrong though. Like the bloggers, I'm just guessing.

Message 35 of 45

xma1e_
  • 50 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Although I will say Edge on my 950XL is so sh**e I couldn't type my previous comment on it due to it crashing the O2 page, I had to revert to my laptop 😞 grrr

Message 36 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

The 950XL on amazon is just a o2 pyg sim supplied with the phone, ordering one and getting one are not the same, carphone wharehouse are back order only, there`s also talk of cortana problems on the latest w10 update on the new phone`s, microsoft are seid to be aware of the problem.

I think w10 for other devices just got pushed back a bit more they have there hands full sorting it.

PS The 950`s are unbranded this is the future of windows  mobile.

http://www.windowscentral.com/att-lumia-950-get-monthly-updates-waas

Message 37 of 45

xma1e_
  • 50 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I suggest having another look, those sure look like monthly tariffs to me.

Message 38 of 45

xma1e_
  • 50 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

those tariffs weren't available when I brought my phone at the beginning of dec, no one has mentioned them yet on the blogs so I think they are fairly new.

Message 39 of 45

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
I'm not sure, but I still think there is an issue with windows 10 and the new mobile hardware. I ran the insider build on my 930 without any issues. My 950 suffers from occasional random reboots, and I'm not the only one.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 40 of 45