cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumia 930 proximity sensor issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lumia 930, Bought from an O2 shop on the 31st July (running 8.1 update 1).

For the last two weeks, when making or receiving phone calls, I get a completely black screen until the call is ended.  As I'm led to believe, the screen should be black when holding the phone to your ear, but on taking it away from your ear (e.g. when having to go through automated dialling selections or popping it onto speaker) then the screen should 'come back to life' allowing you to use it properly.

Instead, I have to use the middle button and press that once or twice to bring up the display, which then turns black again very quickly....not a fantastic scenario by any means!

Everything else on the phone works just fine.  It just seems to be phone calls.

Anyone else experiencing this nonsense?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Sounds like it could be a software issue rather than faulty hardware as the switch works to set off the off command.
You could try a software recovery to reinstall the software for the component and if that fails to rectify, I suggest contacting cs on 202 to arrange a possible repair.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Sounds like it could be a software issue rather than faulty hardware as the switch works to set off the off command.
You could try a software recovery to reinstall the software for the component and if that fails to rectify, I suggest contacting cs on 202 to arrange a possible repair.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I would suggest if a repair is required to go through the manufacturer instead as they know their hardware and software better and O2 repairs have had their instances where a person has not been satisfied with them.

You can find the uk support site of the manufacturer via Google.
Message 3 of 7

captainprice
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 165 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
Sometimes ppl using a screen protector have reported this problem they have removed it and problem solved don't know if you have one on your 930
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies and advice, and no, no screen protector in use..

Derrick

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome.

Perhaps let us know how you get on please.
Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Did you factory reset the phone after the latest update?
It's advisable after a major update to clear any conflicts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7