Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Devices

Anonymous
Accepted Solution

Lumia 820 3G connectivity issues

I am having difficulties with connecting to the Internet on 3G. My phone shows the H symbol. Before it used to show H+. Since not long ago, the highest connection type is H. I cannot connect to the Internet or carry out any activity which requires Internet access. 

Please help.

Highlighted
Topics: 571
Solutions: 15,768

Re: Lumia 820 3G connectivity issues

Are you getting full signal bars and data transfer arrows stuck on upload and download?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Topics: 762

Hi @Anonymous

Check to see if you have mast issues http://status.o2.co.uk/

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Anonymous

I'm getting full bars. Not sure about upload download arrows. My masts are not down, I've travelled to a lot of places and I'm quite sure the whole network cannot be down everywhere

It's 3g congestion and yes, it is pretty much everywhere sadly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Anonymous

Really? Other people I know don't have this problem. They do have different phones. Im starting to think I dropped my phone too many times Smiley Tongue

Possibly but I don't bother unless I get 4g these days.
In fact I use a Three sim for data because o2 3g is so poor.

Currently using:
Anonymous

I've never had problems with it before. Can anyone tell me how to activate 3G like when you get a new number or tariff? I want to try it

Text the word "active" to 2020

Currently using:
Anonymous

Thanks all. Especially @MI5. Nothing has worked so far and it might just be network congestion. I've marks this question as answered, but I anyone has any sure way to solve this please post it.