cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumia 635 loses WiFi, requires reboot to fix it

Anonymous
Not applicable

I lose wifi when I leave the house and return. The wifi won't return unless I reboot the phone.

Anyone know hot to fix this?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144295 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Check your wifi settings you might have it set to turn on manually?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello @Anonymous did you try @MI5 advice?
Message 3 of 16

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
If you dont turn off wifi when you leave it should automatically reconnect on your return. I would recommend you turn off wifi sense. If your still having issues try updating to the latest firmware using Lumia Phone Tools. (not over the air). Make sure you have backed up your stuff before doing this.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

No I never turn off wifi, it just says its not working when I return.

I will try turning off wifi sense to see of that helps.

Not sure about the Lumia tools thing! Sounds scary!

Message 5 of 16

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

Its relatively straight forward. This link will guide you through the process.

https://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/how-to/wp8/phones-and-hardware/recover-my-phone

Edit:

Direct Link to Recovery Page:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/mobile/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA142987

Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I'll need to to do this as my phone now loses WiFi in the middle of the night. Just switches it off, then when I got to switch it on again it says that it can't do that at the moment, try again later, or try a reboot. The reboot works, the waiting doesn't.

Starting to think the 635 has a hardware fault of some kind.

Message 7 of 16

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Very well could have, the site above also has links to arrange a repair. It's a step by step trouble shooting guide, and at the end it will offer a possible solution. But its starting to sound more like a hardware fault. But, i would still try to reset first, as software could be causing this.
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Installing the software (as I type this) to attempt the reset.

!!!!!

Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently my phone is not supported by that app, so it's downloading something else!

The new software seems happy with the phone now, it's checked the software, found it was up to date, and offered to reinstall it. This will apparently wipe all my data, but I am, far as I know, backed up!!!

Device switched to 'flashing mode'...... oooerrr matron.

Screen is blank on the phone, apart from Nokia at the top (in that font that has to be said is like straight out of the 1990's) and a progress bar underneath!!!

Brown pants time!

Five mintues later the phone reboots!!!! The software reports that it has succesfully reinstalled the software.

So now to see if it has made any difference to the phones actual opperational capibiliies (by which I mean, will it actually ****** work properly)

Message 10 of 16