cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumia 520 can open MMS

Anonymous
Not applicable
Recently bought 520 but I can't view photos sent via TXT ,Ive checked th settings and thy are as they should be...any suggestions?
Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

This is a common issue with the Lumias. Go into settings and make sure your network selection is set to automatic, not manual. Exit back out of this screen and hopefully you should now see a new option to manually enter the apn settings, the ones jonsie posted should work fine!

Texting ACTIVE to 2020 wont work im afraid.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

If it's a new contract MMS may not be set up on your account yet.

A number being moved to O2 can cause this too.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Been with o2 a while,just changed phones...how is this account setup...do O2 have to do it or s it something I can do
Message 3 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Text ACTIVE to 2020 and save the settings. Reboot phone

You may find that you have a Network app on the phone (Ibelieve you swipe left from the home screen) Open this and select the relevant O2-UK.

You may need to call customer service and make sure MMS is provisioned on your account.

Manual settings if you want to use this method:

Pay Monthly

INTERNET

APN: mobile.o2.co.uk   (payandgo.o2.co.uk  for PAYG)

Username: o2web

Password: password

rest blank

MMS SETTINGS

APN: wap.o2.co.uk  (payandgo.o2.co.uk  for PAYG)

Username: o2wap   (payandgo  for PAYG)

Password: password

WAP gateway (URL): 82.132.254.1

WAP gateway port: 8080

MMSC (URL): http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk/

MMSC port: 8002

Maximum MMS size: blank

IP type: IPv4v

Always reboot the phone after changing settings.

Message 4 of 17

Asdic_Ping
Level 4: Observant
  • 87 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

This seems to be a common issue with Lumia phones. My wife has a Lumia 800 (T-Mobile). I sent her an MMS and she pressed get media content on her Lumia and it appeared to do nothing. About a week later she noticed that the photo I had sent her had eventually appeared! Not sure what the issue is with Lumia phones but the MMS seems to be hit and miss, sometimes the content appears quickly and other times it takes days.

BlackBerry 9300, 9810 & Playbook
Message 5 of 17

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

This is a common issue with the Lumias. Go into settings and make sure your network selection is set to automatic, not manual. Exit back out of this screen and hopefully you should now see a new option to manually enter the apn settings, the ones jonsie posted should work fine!

Texting ACTIVE to 2020 wont work im afraid.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers for that manual to auto sorted out all my problems.
Message 7 of 17

joules
  • 140 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi have the same problem,gone into settings but cannot see the network selection, could you please advise?

also I have pay and go what will the apn settings be for that please? many thanks

Message 8 of 17

joules
  • 140 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

have managed to find my network selection and it is set to automatic, could you tell me I do not have roaming or data connection turned on so I do not incur charges, this will have nothing to do with the MMS will it?

Message 9 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You will need data set to on to view mms as pictures are downloaded over data. However, once on, other apps will use data to update and you will incur charges.

Message 10 of 17