Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumia 1020 availability?

tullyhubbert
Level 3: Thinker
  • 102 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Now listed on O2 website PAYG @ £169.99. Great price I thought but zero stock. I rang some local stores and one of them had a new 1020 in stock but there's an O2 recall notice on it so they can't sell it. Another store further away from home had two in stock but again there are recall notices on them so can't be sold.

Anyone any thoughts on how to get around this, maybe Chris etc might have a solution?

Thanks
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@tullyhubbert wrote:
@Now listed on O2 website PAYG @ £169.99. Great price I thought but zero stock. I rang some local stores and one of them had a new 1020 in stock but there's an O2 recall notice on it so they can't sell it. Another store further away from home had two in stock but again there are recall notices on them so can't be sold.

Anyone any thoughts on how to get around this, maybe Chris etc might have a solution?

Thanks

I am more concerned as to why O2 has recall notices on the three handsets you have sourced?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Recall notices indicate an inherent  fault. Have a look on the Nokia website or try Google.

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did they say why ?

Possibly check Carphone Warehouse.

I think the 1020 has been superceded.
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144306 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I'm guessing it's old stock that they maybe will only sell off online now and not through the high street stores.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 10

tullyhubbert
Level 3: Thinker
  • 102 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The 1020 is an end of line phone but doesn't really have a natural successor with similar features. From what the shop sales folk said on the phone the 'recall' doesn't seem to be because they are faulty but rather because O2 have other plans for the stock.

Maybe that'll be online sales but atm there is zero stock. I'll keep watching to see if that changes. It would be for a Christmas present for someone who already has an O2 PAYG SIM so shop sales would have been easier.

Or if some one could source me an 830 for similar money I'd go for that ... lol
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Possibly a Nokia Lumia 1030 which is been released by the media will be the 1020 successor.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-topic/News-Microsoft-Lumia-1030-Might-have-50Mp-Camera/m-p/823612/h...

I hope you source a phone in time for Christmas.

Have you looked at the independents such as Carphone Warehouse.
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144306 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Yeah, the 830 is very nice wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 10

tullyhubbert
  • 102 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Possibly a Nokia Lumia 1030 which is been released by the media will be the 1020 successor.

Have you looked at the independents such as Carphone Warehouse.

A lot of respected sources think that that leaked phone in your link maybe a red herring, financial ways its thought that Nokia lost out badly with the 1020 due to amount of expensive technology/kit it contained and low sales.

No 1020s on CPW, the 830 is £300 PAYG (Eek!) and the 735 (Which would be more than adequate) is ruled out as it doesn't have a 'Glance' screen option.

The above paragraph is why the 1020 would be great value at £170.

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
At that price a bargain most definitely.

I trialed it for o2 and was very impressed.

Message 10 of 10