cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumia 1020 Preorder

Anonymous
Not applicable

I preordered the lumia 1020, and went into the store this morning to pick it up, couldnt pick it up as the accessory pack was not ready and they said it would be ready later

Went back in at 17:30, still not ready. should be ready tomorrow. i had even had to put a £50 deposit to preorder it in store. so i wasted 2 journeys into the store. seems a bit pointless even having o2 stores as i always find them useless.

anybody have a bad experience preordering it?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Could they not have provided a telephone number for you to ring to check if the items were ready for collection, before you made the journey.

I'm not sure why they could not let you take the phone and return for the accessory pack.

Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I didn't phone for the morning one, as i just expected it to be ready. but before the afternoon visit, i did phone up the store to just sit there listening to the dial tone. so went in at 5:30, as that is after early afternoon when they were expecting it.

i would have been happy to go back after for the accessory pack another day, but apparently they are connected somehow....so if i took the phone, i couldn't get the accessory pack.
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I didn't phone for the morning one, as i just expected it to be ready. but before the afternoon visit, i did phone up the store to just sit there listening to the dial tone. so went in at 5:30, as that is after early afternoon when they were expecting it.

i would have been happy to go back after for the accessory pack another day, but apparently they are connected somehow....so if i took the phone, i couldn't get the accessory pack.

Catch 22 situation !

I hpoe all goes well for you on your return 3rd return visit.

Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got a similar experience.  Went in this morning and told they weren't in yet, so I phoned at lunch time and got through quickly enough.  They told me they were being delivered at 2:30.  Popped in again after work and have now been told that it will be in tomorrow now.

I've just received a txt saying sorry I've not got it yet, and they are expecting more very soon.  I hope that means tomorrow.

Phil

Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Phil,

Fingers crossed for you.

Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a lot. Not heard anything yet. I'll be phoning again at lunch time if I've not heard anything. I can only get in after work today. I made special arrangements to get in yesterday morning.

Thanks

Phil
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid £49.99 and pre ordered this phone on the 16th of september and was let down with it yesterday, i also got the sorry text message. Still havent heard anything to day and im not going to waste another journey into the store when yesterday they told me i would know before they did...a great help. Has anyone had success is getting the nokia lumia yet?

Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just phoned them again, and apparantly it will in tomorrow.  Where have I heard that before!

Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ridiculous!
Message 10 of 15