cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LUMIA 920 not picking up 4G signal

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have a 4G pay monthly sim which I have been using in a Nexus 5 and when in a 4G area it connects to 4G as it should. No problems there.

I have recently bough a sim free Lumia 920 but for some reason it will not pick up the 4G signal on o2.. The phone is on the latest lumia os Black. It is set a "highest connection speed 4G" The phone picks up "G" "E" "H" & H+ but will not go to 4G?????

I have been into town this morning and took both the nexus 5 and the lumia. The nexus 5 had a EE sim in and the Lumia the o2.  The Lumia would not register higher than H+ so I took the sim out and swapped them over. The Nexus 5 with the o2 sim in picked up the o2 4G no problem and the Lumia displayed EE 4G symbol no problem, but swapping them back just does not register the 4G symbol when the o2 sim is back in the Lumia. I went to both the o2 stores and no one had any idea and neither one had a guru in.

I went through the 4G set up assistant on the o2 website and all the check boxes were ticked but the "latest 4G software" part had a ? next to it. 

I really don't understand why it is not piking up the o2 4G signal when the Lumia 920 is 4G enabled and has the 4G highest connection speed set and I'm on a 4G tarriff. I have checked the phone for updates but it says there is none available.  Do I need extra software/firmware from o2 to get it to display the 4G symbol???  It just seemd very strange the Lumia 920 picks up EE 4G signal when that is in it and the Nexus 5 picks up the o2 4G signal when the o2 sim is in there, but the Lumia 920 not picking up the o2 4G signal when the o2 sim is in there. I tried to search for manual networks and it came up with O2-UK 2g,3g,4g, but one it is on select automatic network it just won't go higher than H+

Any ideas as I need this to work on 4G as it is supposed to. I have even tried the field test ##3282 thing but that doesn't work and doesn't even access the LTE menu

Message 1 of 38
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
go to o2 store and ask them to put another 4g simcard in to the phone , if the issue stays then the fault lies with the soft , you can get it replaced at tesco

View solution in original post

Message 34 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146776 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
The only thing I can think of is that the O2 apn is wrong when you put that sim in the 920.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can I change that and what should it be. Would the APN not be correct if it is allowing connection to the internet or could it be the wrong name or something?
Message 3 of 38

MI5
  • 146776 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
Suggested settings here http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/chapter/595-04-how-to-set-apn-settings-for-the-02-mobile-network...
I doubt it's wrong but I can't think of anything else to check, tbh.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems like a strange one
Message 5 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks will have a look. Have seen somewhere that o2 3g password is vertigo and 4g APN is o2web. Could be that that needs changing.
Message 6 of 38

MI5
  • 146776 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
Vertigo is only for iPhone.
Just follow the instructions as posted.
Message 7 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
I didn't think the apns were different for 3G or 4g
Message 8 of 38

MI5
  • 146776 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
They aren't, hence my doubts...
Message 9 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tought so
Message 10 of 38