Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei Media Pad memory issues

ekk100
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I bought a Huawei MediaPad T5 10 16GB back in July, having previously had a Huawei Media Pad that I loved. Despite it being 16GB they fail to tell you it comes with around 7GB of pre-installed apps that you cannot remove. I've installed about four apps - Prime Video, Netflix, Spotify etc and the tablet is at 98% memory useage and so slow it is basically un-useable.

Tried installing an additional memory card but it only seems to be able to use this for photos/videos (of which I don't have many). Is there any way to rectify this or have I got an expensive paperweight? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@ekk100 

It's an expensive paperweight.

64gb is an expected minimum these days, anything else will fill up very quickly.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

ekk100
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, was afraid that was the case! At this rate I'm going to have multiple tablets on the go, one for messaging and one for watching stuff etc! joy

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@ekk100 

Trade them all in at CEX at put the money towards a decent one.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4