Did you mean: 

Huawei E5573

rjm67
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I've just received the above device and the speed is below 1mb download and 8mb upload. (Tested via Ookla on Iphone 8 plus and Moto G6).  I've been to a local O2 who kindly switched the SIM, but it hasn't helped.  Am I missing something about the config or use of this device as the control panel on the device says it has 22.89mb / 3.12mb.  Any help before I speak to O2 directly would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@rjm67 

It all depends on the quality of the signal coming in to the dongle and also if you are using a direct connection or WiFi. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@rjm67 

It all depends on the quality of the signal coming in to the dongle and also if you are using a direct connection or WiFi. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

rjm67
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The dongle is reporting 20mb 4G connection speed, but it's not translating into a usable speed. I've even checked the wifi connection speed from my Iphone to the device and that is 15-20mb. Probably need to speak to O2.

Message 3 of 4

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @rjm67, it'd be great if you could let us know what you find out about this, as it might help other members in the future slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 4