Did you mean: 

Huawei E1752Cu dongle tech question

FishyStace
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

This dumass wants to know can I plug in this dongle into my cctv dvr and use it as a mobile WiFi hotspot and if so whats the cheapest data SIM deals about as I will only need it to check in on my Mum is safe if and when I need too...the cctv system is 1080p 8ch 4 cam kit by Swann.

Any quick tips to get this up and running for a dummy would be make life easier.

This is a Boring question I bet, but someone has to ask it.

Thanks again if you have the answer, if I have to buy a more up to date dongle I will, but the Data cost will also be a driving factor in this case if its even worth it.

Mum hasn't got internet and lives alone so no hotspot or router options.

Stace

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Not sure that CCTV systems like o2. Something to do with the port being blocked by o2.
Did others work on a different network - can you remember @MI5?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes definitely ports blocked by o2, but I'm not sure what the op wants to do here?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
So what you want to be able to do is use the DVR as a network drive and view the videos after they have been recorded?
Is that right @FishyStace?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 4