Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer Data From BB 9900 to BB KEYone

sub101uk
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 38 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just upgraded my BB 9900 since it no longer connects to the internet via O2 so I bought a BB KEYone my problem is how do transfer the data from 9900 to KEYone . I dont think the standard BB Desk Top software is going to work since it does not have the same OS as the KEYone .

If there is no software available can I take or post the handsets to some company that can transfer the data .

Cheers

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

sub101uk
  • 38 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply and ok on O2 shuting down there email account as I was only using it 10 days ago so maybe I was lucky . I have many PDF files on my st card how can I pre view the files without opening them or do I download PDF reader like Acrobat reader or Fox .

But very slow getting to understand the KEYone from the BB 9900 .

Many thanks for all your help .

Message 21 of 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You'll need a pdf reader such as Adobe Acrobat.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 31

sub101uk
  • 38 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks for the reply on requiring a PDF reading . Can you please tell me how do I copy and paste with the KEYone as I cannot find what key turns on the cursor to high light the text in the same way you did with the old BB 9900 .

Many thanks for the feed back from every one just getting to grips with running the KEYone .

Cheers

Message 23 of 31

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Tap and hold on the word you want to highlight and you will see 2 cursors appear on screen which you can slide around to highlight large or small pieces of text.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 24 of 31

sub101uk
  • 38 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry I have double clicked the key board and nothing ? From looking at CrackBerry site many people are having the same problem as me , Some seem to think the cursor is on due to default or maybe its been screwed up due to third party apps but this is a new phone so I dont think that is the problem as the only aps on there are the BlackBerry ones .

Maybe its got some thing to do with my firm ware on the hand set .

Model BBB100-2

Android version 7.1.1

Build number AAY81

Any thoughts from anyone because I take a trip into my local O2 shop .

Message 25 of 31

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Tap and hold the text on the screen.

Currently using:
Message 26 of 31

sub101uk
  • 38 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry I have Tapped and Tapped and zero are you sure there is nothing in settings to activate the cursor . I did see while searching settings .a setting for Large or Small cursor but thats all .

Cheers  

Message 27 of 31

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

Shouldn't be, Android works mainly from the touchscreen for text editing functions, although I admit to not owning a BB KO I would expect it to work the same way.

Currently using:
Message 28 of 31

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

Found this too ?

Currently using:
Message 29 of 31

sub101uk
  • 38 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks for the Youtube tips + tricks on the BB KEYone yes I did go through a few of these the other day but none of them have any thing about cursor or copy and past however one of the videos I found on YouTube did have some thing regarding cursor , copy and paste should I find it again I will give you the URL as looking on the web there seems to be many with the same problem .

Message 30 of 31