cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to rest Nokia X2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all !

I have bought a secondhand Nokia X2 to replace my damaged one...i`m used to this model of phone!

It was locked to O2, i had it unlocked at a mobiles shop but there is still the O2 welcome sceen and software on it. My new provider is BT mobile and the BT sim works but the O2 factory settings at the right of the screen takes the place of the `names` option for contacts.

I tried a full reset but it still has the O2 stuff on it. O2 online chat said to try a hard reset..have done that .

All ideas welcome please !

Thanks !

Timothy

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

This phone obviously hasn't been unlocked properly..You could take it back and ask them to re-do it as I presume you paid for it

or you could do it via this link

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/unlocking-an-o2-mobile-to-use-on-a-different-network#qs

Finally and out of interest where did you buy the phone from...??

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cleoriff,

Thanks for your reply. yes, i will go back to the mobile shop this morning.. that supposedly unlocked it, yes i paid ! The link for the O2 form, i think that might cost me another fee.

I could always try going  to an O2 town centre store after i`ve had a chat at the other non O2 shop.

Phone was from Ebay. Sold as On O2.

I used to be on O2 then they changed my Terms/Conditions/monthly prices mid way through an annual contract so i didn`t renew. My mobile number is originally an O2, got it ported to another network [oh w[voe the phone..yo get the name ? who recently disconnected my service illegally and it took 24 working days of 36 to 48 emails from BT to gettthe # ported to them !

The reason i wanted another 2010 X2 was that my memeory card video clips of my dogs will only play on Symbian phones not Windows phones......and i`d pulled the previous Nokia X2 to bits to try retrieve the card..got it !!!!!!!!

Sorry this is all a disaster !!!

Tim

Message 3 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

I see you got the phone from Ebay. This could be a problem. We have seen phones sold there which have previously been reported as lost or stolen and as a result had the IMEI locked

You can find out if this is the case by using checkmend

http://www.checkmend.com/uk/

Sorry to say if this is part of an insurance scam there is no way you will get the phone working. You should be contacting the seller on Ebay. Try checkment first though...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's because the phone still has o2 branded firmware on it.
The only way to get rid is to flash generic Nokia firmware.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MI5

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you tell me how to `flash` Nokia software ?

i haven` got much technical knowledge.

Thanks !

Been trying the above post on the Checkmend.com/uk..it has i think taken £1.99 payment off my Mastercard to do a single check for possible lost/stolen..and the screen says `checking with your card issuer` for the last 20 mins..thats on the old XP desktop..i`m typing this on the Windows 7

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, am 20 mins into waiting on a Windows XP for a £1.99 checkmend report on this phone, it has apparentlytaken £1.99 via Mastercard, screen says `waiting for your card issuer` and `this can take a while..

Are they scammers or what ? No contact # for them, only a support chat that`s offline.

Oh..all i want is for the phone to work without a load of O2 stuff on it !!!

Thanks, am despairing !

Tim

Message 7 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Checkmend certainly aren't scammers. They are recognised as being the best place to check IMEI numbers. Sorry you are having issues but this is the first time I have heard of this type of wait...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Greatly appreciated !

Have submitted a support ticket for checkmend, guess it will be Monday before anyone replies from there.

Have got an acknowledgment/auto response from them.

I have no idea how anyone manages to work Smartphones/touchscreens as i`m struggling badly with a Nokia pushbutton phone !

Tim

Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Why are you bothering with checkmend?
Anyway, I'm not an expert on Nokia flashing but a quick Google returned this https://www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=ssl&ei=mskFVtbhKo2FaMKtjPgG#q=flashing+a+nokia+x2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 12