cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One M8 (Windows Phone 8.1)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have any information regarding if and when this model of the M8 is due to release in the UK?

I'm not a fan of the Nokia styling and they are the only options available at the moment from O2, so I'd rather stick with my Ativ S (despite a cracked screen) until a suitable replacement becomes available.

On that note does anyone know of any other nice Windows Phones on the horizon?

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I've seen the HTC version mentioned but no dates for arrival in Uk. I'm sure a Google search would reveal some info though.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Register here https://www.o2.co.uk/getupdates and perhaps look at the independents such as Carphone Warehouse.

Nice phone too.
Message 3 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've already trawled Google and spoken to HTC chat support but I have found nothing concrete so far. Also signed up to the O2 notifications.

HTC support aren't privvy to their own future plans but that's the same with anyone I guess, had the same thing trying to find out the Ativ S release date.

Thing is if it is going to be some time relatively soon then that's fine, but if it's not going to release here or it's going to be a way off then I'd be inclined to get the Ativ S repaired and switch to a SIM contract rather than upgrade.

Message 4 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

As you say @Anonymous  HTC are certainly not privy to UK release info. I wonder if they are waiting to see what the reaction is to it, in the US?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Just got back to base and had a look around - It seems it's US only at the moment unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can't even see if it'll be supported on O2 frequencies

http://www.htc.com/us/smartphones/htc-one-m8-windows/
Message 7 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Specs are available here:

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_(m8)_for_windows-6589.php

It looks like it should work on UK frequencies and I'm sure I saw a review somewhere (that I can no longer find surprise, surprise) that said it worked fine with an O2 SIM after changing the APN.

To confirm, yes it is currently only available in US from Verizon (branded =P) and T-mobile and has been for several weeks.

Message 8 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like your tempted Blaze1st

😄
Message 9 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
More info

Very much so, I was in Florida three weeks ago and saw them in the Microsoft store.

Obviously it was two days later I dropped the Ativ S and cracked the screen (but even then it was only branded Verizon ones available so wouldn't have gone for it then anyway).

It's pretty much a no-brainer imo, the device itself has been widely acclaimed, looks stylish (unlike the Nokias) and the replacement of Android with WP 8.1 is the icing on the cake for me!

Message 10 of 26