cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Recovering text messages in regards to a work dismissal appeal

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm struggling to find the help or contact information I need and it seems I have until Monday night to collate all the information I need to represent myself.

Basically, I have a rather old sony ericsson cybershot (as for the model number, I can say >.<) and as it lacks in memory, all the messages that went between my number and another, I have had to delete. 

I need to prove everything me and this other number have spoke about and I have been told by my work to contact my contract provider about recovering all messages between my number and this other from October 27th until recently. And if at all possible, as I can't store the content on my phone, I need to have them emailed to me with times and dates to be sure I have something to hand over on Tuesday.

Can anyway point me in the right direction as to what to do? Thankyou~

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
O2 do store your text messages for 1 year (according to the T&C's) but I don't know if they store incoming ones too. Also, I've no idea how you would get them.... I'd start with a call to CS 202 for contracts or 4445 for PAYG accounts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
O2 do store your text messages for 1 year (according to the T&C's) but I don't know if they store incoming ones too. Also, I've no idea how you would get them.... I'd start with a call to CS 202 for contracts or 4445 for PAYG accounts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

P&G.You can get the information as to numbers you have called and texted but no record of calls or texts received. No content of texts is available. You nee to fill in the online 'subject access form' but you certainly won't get the info for Monday.

You can get the same info as above on pay monthly by checking your online bills.

Unless you backed up your texts to your PC the content of the messages is lost forever I'm afraid.

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll try to call 202 and hope I get through... I've been told that it should be possible to get all incoming and outgoing, so fingers crossed. 

If I can't find the answers I need, would it be wise to visit my local O2 store for help in this matter?

Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,KB=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

Quote:

Please note that we cannot provide:

• Information about incoming calls
  • Where you were when you made a call
  • The content of text messages
  • We also can not help you with things you've stored on your phone – like numbers, photos, video clips or text messages
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

If this a legal matter then a solictor through the correct channels can have access to them. This I believe is why they keep them for a year. 

I doubt if it is a personal matter that you will be able to gain access to everything.

Message 6 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I'll try to call 202 and hope I get through... I've been told that it should be possible to get all incoming and outgoing, so fingers crossed. 

If I can't find the answers I need, would it be wise to visit my local O2 store for help in this matter?

Jonsie is right, there is no way O2 can provide the content of text messages to you.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 7