cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a signal via internet on my blackberry?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all, very new to forums.....can anyone tell me if it is possible to get mobile signal through a BT internet router, I use a blackberry? I have just moved somewhere with no mobile reception on O2 😞

I have heard of some way of getting signal boosted via internet...on Orange... Any help appreciated, thank you

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

The technology that orange use to allow calls via their WiFi router is only available on certain phones, and I'm not aware of O2 having the same sort of options I'm afraid!

What model of BlackBerry do you have?

There are solutions like BBM Voice, Skype, TuGo and other apps that might help you out, but it all depends on which Blackberry you have.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

The technology that orange use to allow calls via their WiFi router is only available on certain phones, and I'm not aware of O2 having the same sort of options I'm afraid!

What model of BlackBerry do you have?

There are solutions like BBM Voice, Skype, TuGo and other apps that might help you out, but it all depends on which Blackberry you have.

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Huge thanks... I may just cut down my package instead then...it's a fairly new bb, can't remember number, a curve anyhoo. no worries tho thanks again slight_smile
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can buy signal boosters, etc and I think O2 do offer one for purchase but I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make!

Do you get absolutely no signal at all? Do you even get a 2G or GPRS signal?

Is your phone set to use "2G + 3G", rather than just a "3G" connection?

Message 4 of 4