cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgotten BIS username

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have recently changed the password for my email and received a message on my phone from Blackberry saying I would need to re-validate my email to continue receiving emails on my phone.  I went into email setup to do this but I need to log in with my BIS username and password in order to access my email settings.  I know my BIS password but have forgotten the username.  

I rang o2 about this this evening and was on the phone for over half an hour. I was first told to resend service books and then re-register my phone on the wireless network.  Neither of these did anything, I still need my username to access my device email settings.

The o2 adviser then told me to go onto the Blackberry website.  I have done this but both the Blackberry and o2 websites say that in order to retrieve the BIS username I need to contact my service provider (o2) so I am now at a loss and really just want to get my email back onto my phone!  Has anyone else had a similar problem?!

Thank you for any help!

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
PM me your name and number if you like and I'll get it for you in work tomorrow?

I also need your device's IMEI number which can be found by dialling *#06#

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Service books and stuff are a bit useless if all you need is the id...

The bbid is just an email address so try any emai addresses you have?

Unfortunately the website only has password recovery options at uk.blackberry.com/id
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately it is not the Blackberry ID I need (I know that, it is just my email address) it is the Blackberry Internet Service username.  This is what the o2 support pages say about it:

If you have forgotten your User Name you should first double check that you have a BlackBerry user name set up. So to do this from your Home screen click on the E-mail Settings/Accounts.

After doing this you will see one of two screens – 

1. If you see the screen prompting you to enter a User Name and Password you will need to contact yourService Provider for further assistance, they will be able to look up your account and inform you of your username. 

2. If you see the screen starting with the words Services followed by a hyperlink for Email Accounts then you do not have a username and password and do not need one."

Unfortunately I am in camp number 1 and when I rang my service provider (o2) they couldn't help!
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
PM me your name and number if you like and I'll get it for you in work tomorrow?

I also need your device's IMEI number which can be found by dialling *#06#
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for your help!

Message 5 of 5