Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Devices

Anonymous

Re: Denim/GDR1 for Nokia Lumia - Update

what about the 930??? As one of the flagship models I  was rather hoping it would be in the first batch to recieve the update!

Anonymous

Received the email, "saying denim was now available" to great fanfare and relief, to then check settings for available updates and be told none available.
Have a 1520 and feel like communication has been shocking poor from the outset, esp for the flagship phones
Level 1: Joiner

I'm confused. I have denim skittering up on my O2 UK Lumia 1020 ...or at least that's what "extras+info" says.

Now I do have the Developer Preview signed up on my phone, but I thought this only applies to the main OS, not manufacturer firmware (which is what Lumia Denim is). Unless of course something has changed since Denim now falls under Microsoft, following their purchase of Nokia.

Chris_K can you shed some light?
Anonymous

I too have the Preview for Developers on my phone but I am on the Lumia Cyan release. The Lumia Denim has not yet been released in the UK for O2 at the moment. Core Build is at 3051.50009.1424.10362.

Rumour is that there is another update in the Preview for Developers (Windows Phone 8.1 GDR2) and then the Windows 10 announcement on 21st. 

Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:
Received the email, "saying denim was now available" to great fanfare and relief, to then check settings for available updates and be told none available.
Have a 1520 and feel like communication has been shocking poor from the outset, esp for the flagship phones

According to the update website, all versions of 1520 are still on Cyan.  You can keep track here.

http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-europe/

Anonymous

@Salem874 wrote:
I'm confused. I have denim skittering up on my O2 UK Lumia 1020 ...or at least that's what "extras+info" says.

Now I do have the Developer Preview signed up on my phone, but I thought this only applies to the main OS, not manufacturer firmware (which is what Lumia Denim is). Unless of course something has changed since Denim now falls under Microsoft, following their purchase of Nokia.

Developer Preview only enables access to the latest OS software and is available to just about any WP8 device.  Regardless of the fact that Microsoft now own the Nokia phone business, the firmware (Denim) is only related to the Lumia devices and its release is dependant on carriers, even the unbranded CV (Country Variant) versions have regional carrier bits included. 

As to whether you have Denim, I'm skeptical.  There is a known bug with the Extras+Info app falsely displaying Denim, there was an article about it here.  http://www.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumias-extras-info-update-causes-false-lumia-denim-firmware-sigh...

According to the Update availability website, you're still on Cyan.

Level 3: Thinker

@Salem874 wrote:

I could be wrong but I seem to remember there being a bug on the Developer Preview that incorrectly reported Denim instead of Cyan.

Anonymous

Same here! Received email this morning and got all excited! Bit no update available 😞
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

I see the Vodafone UK variant of the 930 already has denim available.  That's a kick in the teeth if MS haven't even sent it to o2 for testing yet.........

Anonymous