Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Devices

Level 1: Joiner

Re: Denim/GDR1 for Nokia Lumia - Update

Hi All

New Hear be gentle,

ok thought that would be the case, has anyone any idea when the update will be scheduled for the Nokia Lumia 1020

Anonymous

What about the others?
We understand the frustration if you have a handset other than the 5 mentioned above, but we assure you we'll work as best we can to test and approve other Denim updates as and when they reach us - that is to confirm that we have not yet received updates for any other Lumia (other than those above) to test. Again, i'll keep you updated as and when we receive other updates for testing.

@chris_k  Based on your statement, i've been hearing rumours that some models simply wont get Denim such as the 1020, any truth in this at all?

Anonymous

Thanks Chris, just wish that I hadn't predicted which way my expectations would be managed - does seem very off that the flagship phones (1520 in my case) are left behind...
Anonymous

The 1020 will get Denim (it has already on O2 Germany in fact), but it won't have the camera improvements (such as 4K video, quicker shots) or the 'Hey, Cortana' function that the 930 and 1520 will receive due to its ageing processor.
Anonymous

@AnonymousThanks for the update, is that to say it wont get Cortana at all or just the "Hey Cortana" function?

Cheers agian for the update, most helpful!

Anonymous

Ok I spat my dummy out, I am a rational person lol, on after thought I will wait. My blame was mostly towards MS, so really, should have worded it correctly. O2, have been very good to me. So therefore, after all my frustrations, I will stay with O2, & make sure to make a GPs appointment, lol
Anonymous

AFAIK, every Windows 8 handset will get Cortana with the denim update, but with the specs of the handset possibly limiting her functionality.
Anonymous

This is from the Microsoft Support site:

http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-europ...

As you can see the 1020 gets the Lumia Upgrade on 02 all be it this is the German release. I have my handset on the Preview for Developers. The handset has Cortana and live resizeable and stackable tiles. 

Lumia.JPG

Level 15: Gaining a Reputation

Chris,

Is there any word on the 925?  Its one of the most popular handsets going and I'd like to see it be treated as the flagship handset it was....  I appreciate this is a Microsoft thing too and if it can be fed back that would be great.

Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Anonymous

Good news is that 02 Germany already has it released to the 925.