Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Devices

Highlighted
Topics: 543
Solutions: 12,039

Re: Denim/GDR1 for Nokia Lumia - Update

Is the 530 on the list Chris?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous

The, Lumia 630 635 should be on the list, as these devices should have Cortana, but due to delays it should be rolling out to these devices, I would have thought with the 530 being a recent release would have had it pre-installed, just a view on my part
Highlighted
Topics: 543
Solutions: 12,039

I'm not sure tbh as it's my daughters but she doesn't have Cortana like I have on my AtivS.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
O2 Social Media Team

This info's hot off the press folks...

Today, we have approved the latest Denim update for the following Lumia models:
520, 620, 625, 720 and 1320

These updates now sit with Microsoft to schedule and launch to customers. Just to ensure you're 100% in the picture here - the testing and approval process for the above devices is now complete on our end. We are in talks with Microsoft to get a more accurate ETA for release and we do still expect this to be this month, but as and when we receive any confirmations or updates i'll be sure to keep everyone updated here.

What about the others?
We understand the frustration if you have a handset other than the 5 mentioned above, but we assure you we'll work as best we can to test and approve other Denim updates as and when they reach us - that is to confirm that we have not yet received updates for any other Lumia (other than those above) to test. Again, i'll keep you updated as and when we receive other updates for testing.

Hi. I'm from the Social Media Team.

Highlighted
Topics: 708

[ Edited ]

Thanks for that info @Chris_K  We will be able to advise others accordingly.... should they come here to ask..Smiley Wink

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks for the Update Chris

I guess due to the increased features for my phone the Lumia 1520, it will take a little longer to release for testing.

Highlighted
Anonymous

It shows, buying a new device Lumia 630, is not always best. I'm not pleased with MS, or O2, to say the least, all my family, including myself have been with O2 for over 10 years. Anyone can say be patient, but loyalty is not something you can put a price on. Already 3 members of my family have changed operator, ill be doing the same. Yes this is a gripe, & in my view a valid one.
Highlighted
Topics: 80

But surely you would rather have software that was as intended, and not a buggy rushed mess?

Highlighted
Level 3: Thinker

@Anonymous wrote:
It shows, buying a new device Lumia 630, is not always best. I'm not pleased with MS, or O2, to say the least, all my family, including myself have been with O2 for over 10 years. Anyone can say be patient, but loyalty is not something you can put a price on. Already 3 members of my family have changed operator, ill be doing the same. Yes this is a gripe, & in my view a valid one.

I totally understand your frustration, as I'm utterly frustrated myself, but I don't think you can blame O2 for this mess. If Microsoft haven't shipped the update to them there's not much they can do about it. I'm laying the blame fairly and squarely with Microsoft.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Annoying that both my 820 and 930 are not in the initial release, hope it gets processed for those soon