Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Devices

Topics: 577
Solutions: 4,091

Re: Denim/GDR1 for Nokia Lumia - Update

Anonymous

It's now January and no update to this thread, are we any nearer a resolution. It is over a year now since I bought my Nokia 1520 with the promise of 8.1 and Cortana supplied with the update. This works with 1520s in other countries, is the O2 link so difficult for Microsoft to get it to work with, should I take this into account on next choice of provider? I note your comment that no other UK provider has it yet, it is shame that your quality assessment is of the "we're all as bad as one another", rather than we strive to be better?

Regards Nic

Topics: 757

@Anonymous wrote:

It's now January and no update to this thread, are we any nearer a resolution. It is over a year now since I bought my Nokia 1520 with the promise of 8.1 and Cortana supplied with the update. This works with 1520s in other countries, is the O2 link so difficult for Microsoft to get it to work with, should I take this into account on next choice of provider? I note your comment that no other UK provider has it yet, it is shame that your quality assessment is of the "we're all as bad as one another", rather than we strive to be better?

Regards Nic

I think you will find that Chris K from Social Media updated the thread today. (Post 33 and 37)

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Anonymous

Where's that?

Anonymous

Hi, I bought my 1520 about 6 months ago, purely for Cortana and also a change from Android/Apple.

The delay in Microsoft releasing this update is totally unacceptable. They really don’t seem to appreciate their existing customers. Luckily I bought my phone so I will be changing back to Apple. I told work colleagues about Cortana, promising to show it to them months ago, it’s become a running joke now – as have Microsoft.

Topics: 757

@Anonymous wrote:

Where's that?

Here @Anonymous  A page or two back on this thread Smiley Wink

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Devices-Nokia-Blackberry/Denim-GDR1-for-Nokia-Lumia-Update/m-p/836839/highlight/true#M45628

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Level 3: Thinker

Anonymous

Looks Like Germany is nearly fully populated with the Denim Upgrade if the "Availability in Europe" is to be believed.
Topics: 577
Solutions: 4,091

Level 3: Thinker

@jonsie wrote:

Patience....

We are very patient. We've been waiting since the announcement in July.