Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Devices

Anonymous

Re: Denim/GDR1 for Nokia Lumia - Update

Come on O2. You've made your Christmas money from forcing people to upgrade their phone if they wanted Cortana straight away, the rest of us are sticking to our 'old' phones (mine is only 2 months old!), so please, for the love of Jobs, free our update to our phones.

Thank you.

Level 3: Thinker

I hard reset my 925 a few days ago and after putting it back into service yesterday I notice it's now running Denim.

In Extras & Info I noticed on the 925:

Mobile Operator = 020-GB

I've an 830 also which = 000-GB

Am I right in saying the 020-GB means it gets updates from O2 in the UK? (After they've received them from Nokia/Msoft and checked them)

And the 000-GB means it gets updates direct from Microsoft/Nokia when they send them out to UK?

Topics: 569
Solutions: 15,424

Yes, those assumptions are correct.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Anonymous

Ok so O2 customers using Windows Phone have waited since July / August for Cortana...now O2 is holding back the Denim update too.

Any further news?
Topics: 758

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok so O2 customers using Windows Phone have waited since July / August for Cortana...now O2 is holding back the Denim update too.

Any further news?

@Chris_K  from social media posted this on the 19th December. As soon as there is further news he will be back to update us

"We have not received any updates for testing yet - At present we still expect to work closely with Microsoft to get a Q1 release for many Lumia devices, still possibly as early as January. With the information we have, this should be similar for all UK networks - we're not aware of it being available officially on any UK network at present."

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Anonymous

Apart from we know that Vodafone has it, as they've released it...
Level 6: Acolyte

I had to do a hard reset on my old Nokia 620 when it came back on line I noticed I had cortana when I looked in extras+info I noticed it now says Lumia denim
Anonymous

Something is amiss, o2 know customers are waiting for the denim update plus cortana, relying on information, I have received from a reliable source, the update will roll out between Feb 2015 - April 2015 after testing, its just that o2 wont admit it.
Anonymous

So,

Whose misleading us O2 or MS?

http://www.noknok.tv/2015/01/05/lumia-520-and-lumia-720-get-microsoft-lumia-denim-update-in-uk/

Doesn't help me, I just have the 1520 - but an official answer from O2 would be nice, polite even...

P
Level 3: Thinker

@captainprice wrote:
I had to do a hard reset on my old Nokia 620 when it came back on line I noticed I had cortana when I looked in extras+info I noticed it now says Lumia denim

Thats strange, my 620 is what I believe is called a Country Variant model 000-GB but is still on Cyan, just checked for updates and none available. I'm not bothered though as it's a spare now and Cortana isn't for me.