Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Devices

Highlighted
O2 Social Media Team

Re: Denim/GDR1 for Nokia Lumia - Update

UPDATE

We’re trying to get the updates out sooner by streamlining the test and approval process. As a result, we were trusting Microsoft to test the O2 software updates for us and provide the results of the tests for us to approve, rather than us testing it, releasing back, and waiting for it to be pushed. In the case of the Lumia 930, the Cortana issue was missed by Microsoft, so we will be working together to improve the process for future updates.

Microsoft have identified the issue and have fixed it - as a result, the previous 930 update has been put on hold until it's replaced with the fixed update which we hope will go out soon, though no ETA has been provided.

CommunitySig.png

Topics: 113

If you want a job done properly........do it yourself Smiley Wink.......outsourcing work nearly always fails to live up to the promises.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Level 1: Joiner

@Chris_K and the updates for the 630?¿
O2 Social Media Team

@Miguel wrote:
@Chris_K and the updates for the 630?¿

No new info yet - these are the updates we're still looking forward to:

530, 630, 735, 820, 830, 920, 925, 1020

CommunitySig.png

Anonymous

Be more dog....s@#t on someone else's lawn....
Anonymous

Lol @Anonymous very true
Anonymous

So at current rate of 'progress' we are looking at another 4 weeks...which brings into March before the last of us get the update...not exactly impressive
Level 1: Joiner

Indeed @UtterTosh.
Is this they don't have these updates in the same was as they didn't have any others? And suddenly they were released?
Anonymous

Seems to me that the two guys in the back of the shed at Heathrow are not UAT ing the releases and so we're now back to square one. I wonder if or when cost cutting to increase profits will ever stop? Seems to me in the rush to get the firmware out 02 just rubberstamped the release. Nice to see our cash funding of the 02 white elephant has been spend on something more worth while... like profit margin. Nothing quite like the customer service you get when you are stuck in contact and the other half is failing miserably. Maybe the EE take over may make a difference. "Be More Dog, my ar5e. 

Anonymous

I updated my 635 last night but no Cortana....is this correct , as it seems to say on here that the 635 is ok ?