cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery reports

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone tell me if you still get charged to receive a delivery report on sent text messages
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No charge at all if you have texts included in your package but you need the silent *0# at the beginning of your text.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No charge at all if you have texts included in your package but you need the silent *0# at the beginning of your text.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Hmmm... *0# was a new one on me wink
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@pgn wrote:
Hmmm... *0# was a new one on me wink

As O2 don't provide delivery report functionality like other networks it's a required workaround unless your phone will do it for you.

I had an HTC One which had a setting that forced a delivery report and my Sony Z5 will show a tick when the text is delivered but on others it doesn't work without the hack.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
I think I played with Delivery Receipt on my HTC One mini - not tried to fiddle around with the settings on the OnePlus 3T that has replaced the mini...

I did find an interesting, if US-centric, site about some of these codes: http://www.geckobeach.com/cellular/secrets/gsmcodes.php
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The generic ones will work on any GSM network.....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous,

As @MI5 said, the ‘delivery report’ function is not supported so, if you’d like to receive delivery reports, you should enter *0# followed by your text message and then send the message as you usually would. [from help page Problems using text messaging]

Thanks @MI5 and @pgn, I really love learning from you guys, thanks Hero 

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 7 of 8

ChrisAO
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's a shame that South Africa don't know about this !!

I migrated to Classic PAYG towards the end of April. With my previous provider, I used to get one tick at the bottom of the message when it was sent, and a second tick when it was delivered.

I quickly spotted that this second tick wasn't happening here on the new Classic PAYG. After checking all my settings and having waited a few days after migration I was still not getting delivery reports. It's a new cell near us now, and I wondered if there might be a technical problem with it, but found the same elsewhere, so I decided to phone Customer Support.

Whilst the lady I spoke to was very charming and as helpful as she could be, went through settings and etc with me, she didn't know why this was. Eventually she got her manager involved and the conclusion was that this was likely to be some sort of a "network issue" and he would get back to me.

Well he didn't get back to me, and I came here a week or two ago to see if others had a similar problem to find this thread (as well as 2 others). Well there's nothing mentioned in the Ts&Cs about this, and it's somewhat disappointing to find out that it's not supported.

Whilst the *0# hack works, it results in a message size response  (not a nice little tick) no doubt taking up memory, it also disrupts any flow of message conversation that may be there, so then I have to go and delete it. A right pain!

Somebody ought to tell S.Africa Customer Support, it would also be helpful if this was listed in the PAYG FAQs - I see there is no mention.

Regards.

Message 8 of 8