cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cursor 'jumping' around on laptop screen whilst I type = defrag ?

RunrigForever
Level 20: Radiant
  • 2598 Posts
  • 36 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

I may have asked a similar question before ..... I have typed 'defrag' in search box and not got anything suitable for me to understand.

Could anyone point me the way to a solution please ?

Any help would be gratefully received slight_smile

***DESORMAIS***
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147188 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions

@RunrigForever 

It would be inappropriate of me to suggest which post you should select other than to say whichever post from whomever guided you best towards solving your problem.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 18

RunrigForever
  • 2598 Posts
  • 36 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 

Thank you for using proper posting words above

I have chosen a post of yours which I'd say has helped me the most and would help others most easily quick-see' as Accept as Solution.

Please accept my apologies should I have caused you any embarrassment or such like.

Thank you for all the above help ... & ... @madasaf1sh for imparting his knowledge.

I know I'm not the easiest person to help with IT ..... ..... ..... my son when he was living with me was very patient with me & helped me a lot ... ... ... now it's more like ... = ... 'You're not very good with tech mum'....... Bless Him.

***DESORMAIS***
Message 12 of 18

MI5
  • 147188 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions

No worries Jane.

Fixing the problem is the most important thing. It doesn't matter how you get there 👍 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 18

RunrigForever
  • 2598 Posts
  • 36 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Rich.

Will fix tomorrow.

Been on Facebook and messages being 'lost' ... & ... part(s) of word(s) being moved around w!LlY-Nilly

Would say me 'grazing' the trackpad cause any issue ? ... ... ... just thinking aloud ... or ... say laptop allowance of 'data' being nearly full up have any influence.

Trackpad used to be called 'internal / integral mouse ?

A trip to Savers on the cards after crafting class tomorrow.

Thanks again Rich ... ... ... there would be no O2C without the likes of you and all the other regular volunteer posters imparting their IT knowledge ....... no offence to anyone what-so-ever anywhere intended.

***DESORMAIS***
Message 14 of 18

MI5
  • 147188 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions

Yes, it's easy to catch the trackpad with your stray limbs, if not careful 😂

Message 15 of 18

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7683 Posts
  • 150 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@RunrigForever 

I experienced a similar problem today ; it was a cordless mouse and the "cure" in my case was two new AAA batteries. 👍

Message 16 of 18

RunrigForever
  • 2598 Posts
  • 36 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Oxonian 

Thank you for your post number 16 above ... = ... interesting.

Had wonderful cordless well-ergonomic mouse = dunno what happened to it ? ....... Probably my lad slew it = ruthless when clearing clutter I had accumulated in my home ..... my daughter-in-law did say 'You should  see him when we move home' ..... Yep, completely fearless, yet never true minimal which is soul-less / devoid of any extension of the occupants personality expressing itself into their 'sanctuary'.

Home is Where the Heart is 

Hearth ... & ... Home xx slight_smile

An Englishman's Home is (in) His Castle ..... but ..... it is NOT a Scotsman's said raucous male head of neighbouring family to our traditional family home ... = ... my mum told me. The wife had a figure like the legendary Pat Phoenix as Elsie Tanner in Coronation Street tv series. I remember her name. 3 young lads. They weren't there long at number 2, we were number 4. Grateful for steady business family of 4 then until I got married & left at 21........ Back on Topic:

No misbehaving of mouse this session on laptop = Maybe the Gohst in the Machine has Gone. Window spray & soft cloth for buffing to buy tomorrow on payday (rotten month as pay is every 4 weeks and this calendar month 2 lots of dd's out of my bank account = not very nice).

Thanks @Oxonian for letting me know of your experience with electronic recalitrant mouses.

***DESORMAIS***
Message 17 of 18

RunrigForever
  • 2598 Posts
  • 36 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 GB Counter Intelligence ? ! MI6 Moneypenny on the line ..... *t!tter$*

True Yorkshire woman here - t' Tykes Answer to my personal opinion Lois Maxwell as definitive Moneypenny.

Have mug on my desk as the gorgeous looker of as she was younger I'd say in 1950's hey day. Chap who made it for me was then on eBay ..... before Amazon ..... he did choose a stunning photo of her, well done in the cropping department = long before that Kate Bush famous photo ..... the mug maker said he enjoyed creating it for me ... ... ... *** my full name including short middle name with surname... = ... Licensed to Type ... & ... icon silhouette of James 007 Bond image on mug as well. Yep, the lad didn't throw that out in his clearance of my clutter.

Oi Rich ? ..... responding to your post above ... = ... Back on Topic ....... you sayin' Izza 'av' Oktopuzzy jelly like tentacles fur stray limbs ....... *Harrumph* ....... This Lady is Not Amused ..... don't be alarmed = this pure dyed in the West Yorkshire wool is deffo no Lady ... however I am able to behave lady like, when needed. really being a Lady harks of way too much effort in the Up Keep department & I don't have the time or inclination to entertain that sort of thing.

Re: electronic mouse(s) ... ... ... why change name from integral mouse to trackpad ?

Did pose a thread seemingly long time on forum about 'Why can't one word spelled one way equal one thing ? ! ....... in a bit of a similar vein ... = ... Why unnecessary changes in naming electronic IT devices & their parts / functions seems like for say that old 10cc song - 'Art for Art's sake ?'. Re-created for 21st century to be 'Tech for Tech's sake ? !'. Keeping the faceless ones in Grey Suits happy with their $$$ not including boy wonder Zuckerberg ... & ... The Tesla Guy, of course. 

***DESORMAIS***
Message 18 of 18