cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract phone, in for repair was asked to pay for a loan phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

My phone was recently sent to Microsoft for repair (Lumia 630), having initially spoke to o2 about the problem, they advised they would ring me back, when they could  get a connection with Nokia, o2 did ring me back, but advised me that they could not get through to Nokia. So i went online & did a do it yourself fix it through Nokia online tech-site, it was a step by step instruction, & final analysis was, i had a fault in my device, they woud arrange to collect my phone, repair it & send it back, it has been repaired, i am now awaiting delivery. The device is still under warranty.

Point is:

Had online chat with  customer services, they put me through to a Guru, well what a performance, really did not have a clue, so i thought it must have been me, well they could not resolve it, so i opted for nokia tech online. After,  i spoke to online chat for repairs, explained my problem, also would i get a reduction for lost air time, they said it was pay monthly by default, so i had no joy there. Then they advised that i would have to visit my local store to gain a loan phone for £25.00 deposit, i couldnt go anyway as i am disabled, so i declined the offer, next the same person said i would have to deal with Microsoft on my own. Well it is a damn good job i did, my problem was solved. O2 im afraid, i have definitely lost all confidence in them. Its bad enough waiting for updates, well thats another story.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We do tend to advise customers to go directly to the manufacturer for repairs rather than O2.....
They won't offer a refund of service charges as the sim can be used in another phone whilst yours is away for repairs.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
What an awful experience and well done you for seeing past the "suggestions and help" being offered.

We do not recommend Live Chat on here for ANYTHING more than the most basic of things, now you can see why.

Glad to hear you have got things sorted yourself though don't shout too loud about it or o2 will expect everyone to do it.

😆😆😆😆
Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just shows what perseverance does for you. Well done. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Another chat success story. It's always better to deal direct with the manufacturer and I'm glad they have given you such good service. Hope the phone is back with you soon.

Message 5 of 6

tullyhubbert
  • 102 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've never been in that position but having to pay a £25 deposit for a loan phone seems reasonable enough to me, assunming it's refunded when the phone is returned of course. Unfortunately your disability made that option unworkable, I really don't have any answers about what the best option would be.

I also have had a positive experience returning a 20 month old Lumia 620 phone direct to Nokia/Msoft (Faulty power button) Msoft diagnosed online, collected repaired and returned within a week (Christmas week too) free of charge. What else can you say but superb service.

Message 6 of 6