cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacts from 9000 to 9320

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Just got my 9320 and want to import my contacts but can't seem to do it! How can I do it?

Please help as its driving me mad!! 🙂

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Come on phandroids give this guy some help.

Message 2 of 8

Asdic_Ping
  • 87 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

The way I did it when I upgraded my BlackBerry was to use BB Protect. Backup everything with Protect on your old phone then restore the backup with your new handset. This also restores SMS's and a few other things. Others have said BB Protect is not that reliable, but I have had no problems using it. Note that BB Protect does not work as described on BB10 devices.

BlackBerry 9300, 9810 & Playbook
Message 3 of 8

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I've got a 9000 but I think BB protect isn't quite compatible with OS5.

I've always used the BB desktop software that sync's with Outlook. Set up a new profile for the new phone and it works a treat in moving the info across. 

And just because I have an Nexus 4, I bought the USB sync software from http://www.android-sync.com/ and it works brilliantly with outlook transfers. Even though I need to prune my contact list, I wasn't going to re-enter everything because Google don't provide a bog-standard method of syncing with Outlook Smiley Mad

Message 4 of 8

Asdic_Ping
Level 4: Observant
  • 87 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

BB Protect works with OS 4.6.0 or higher with full functionality up to OS 7.1.

BlackBerry 9300, 9810 & Playbook
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does a backup of just the contacts from the 9000 in BlackBerry Desktop manager and then a restore of the backups to the 9320 not work?

Thats way I used to do it...but now I use Gmail to sync my contacts as it also makes it easier to edit the details for each contact, plus I can then access them from any PC!

Just connect the 9000 to wifi and create an account for gmail, sync the contacts so they appear in Gmail then setup the account on the 9320, sync and then robert is your mothers brother! slight_smile

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers guys, have figured it out with help you all. Thanks!!! 🙂

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good stuff, glad you got it sorted!

What did you do to get your contacts across?

Message 8 of 8