cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused... No service on blackberry

Anonymous
Not applicable
So, I have a Blackberry curve 9360 and wi-if at home is BT. I am trying to set up my yahoo account on the e-mail but only option is to setup an enterprise account.... No idea what one of those is and although have tried entering details, that does not work either.... Just get a failed to connect to server message.

Have read help pages and it suggests contacting my administrator or WSP.... Is that O2 or BT?

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction...
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

That is for business accounts, not relevant to you.

this is all u need , follow the below path:

1. Setup
  2. Email Accounts
  3. Internet Mail Account
  4. Accept EULA
  5. Other
  6. Enter Details
  7. Confirmation
Message 2 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Excellent.... I thought that might be a possibility but wasn't 100% sure.

Only problem I have now is that step 3 is not showing as an option .... Any ideas?
Much appreciated.
Message 3 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let me look for my old BlackBerry Curve, and I'll give you the exact options. Those were the general ones
Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

What OS r u using 6 or 7? I'm using 7 and step 3 is when u enter your email address...

Message 5 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi... I am using v7.

The option you mention was showing but that was before I pressed something which totally restarted/refreshed my blackberry and it deleted all contacts etc....
But now it is not and don't know how to retrieve it.
Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  is this ur first BB or do you have a BB id already?

Message 7 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is my first, but have used it for a year or so.... Had it connected to a work e-mail and ohone contract but just changed jobs (and transported number to a new contract in my name with O2)....... I think I have a bb ID!?
Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

So just try the I'd and you shouldn't have to set everything up again, if not I'll add all the steps but from the menu of my 9230. Good Idea

Let me know how you get on slight_smile 

Message 9 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Think a trip to the store is needed.... Nothing seems to work and having googled stuff, still no joy. Have discovered on service status that 'blackberry internet service' is not connected.... All I know is, I have bought a sim only monthly package for a blackberry from O2....I would expect that meant it was blackberry enabled.... But maybe not....
This might explain why bbm, email setup etc is not working at least!
Message 10 of 21