cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot see pictures in a text message

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Nokia Lumia 620 and I am not able to see any pictures that are sent to me within a text message. I receive a text stating that there is “Media content in this message” When I tap to open the message I hear what I would describe as a download tune as if the picture has arrived onto the phone. I cannot find the picture having looked in the Photograph section on the phone. I have not tried sending any photos within a text message but have successfully sent/received using Whatsapp. Is there a setting within the phone that needs changing to allow me to see the pictures sent within a text message. Thank you

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
its your MMS settings ,

try these settings

MMS SETTINGS
APN: wap.o2.co.uk
Username: o2wap
Password: password
WAP gateway (URL): 82.132.254.1
WAP gateway port: 8080
MMSC (URL): http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk/
MMSC port: 8002
Maximum MMS size: blank
IP type: IPv4v6

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

First check your son settings.

http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/chapter/595-04-how-to-set-apn-settings-for-the-02-mobile-network

If they are ok them phone 02 on 202 for contract customers or 4445 for payg to ensure your account is provisioned for mms.
Message 2 of 8

Asdic_Ping
  • 87 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

This seems to be a common issue with Lumia phones. My wife has a Lumia 800 (T-Mobile). I sent her an MMS and she pressed get media content on her Lumia and it made a sound then appeared to do nothing. About a week later she noticed that the photo I had sent her had eventually appeared! Not sure what the issue is with Lumia phones but the MMS seems to be hit and miss, sometimes the content appears quickly and other times it takes days.

BlackBerry 9300, 9810 & Playbook
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
its your MMS settings ,

try these settings

MMS SETTINGS
APN: wap.o2.co.uk
Username: o2wap
Password: password
WAP gateway (URL): 82.132.254.1
WAP gateway port: 8080
MMSC (URL): http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk/
MMSC port: 8002
Maximum MMS size: blank
IP type: IPv4v6
Message 4 of 8

Patonthenet
Level 3: Thinker
  • 83 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

You should check that you have data switched on, and roaming is enabled. If your getting the link, it sounds like you don't have 3G (data) switched on.

Roaming will sometimes connect you to the 3G or "H"

Working fine on Nokia Lumia 800, 820 and 925 A Friend also has 620

Whatsapp, does not use the media network, it uses wifi or 3G data

Your phone will have automatically been set up, just check you have data switched on

Settings > Mobile Network

Data on

Data Roaming Options > Roam

Don't forget to turn them back off if you don't have a data tariff

Don't test sending, if your don't have MM tariff as they cost 29P a picture

Download network setup from the Nokia Marketplace if your not sure if your settings are correct, and follow the instructions. >  Go to Marketplace > Nokia Collection > Network Setup (Not available for all models)

Dont think you can change settings if your phone is locked to 02

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/store/app/access-point/ce3895c7-01d0-4daf-a4c3-25c10463942d

If you have the correct settings in your mobile and media messaging is still not working, it may be that you do not have media messaging provisioned on your account.

You may also like to install the "Connectivity Shortcut" App from the store, it gives quick access for settings like bluetooth,wifi,data,aeroplane mode,Location

Store > (search > Connectivityshortcuts (red,blue,violet,green tile app)

P.S, people don't send pictures messages these days as you get charged, so email them, or use whatsapp, so get the person who sends pictures to install whatsapp slight_smile

Oh and a text message with a smilie is also a media message

P.P.S

Settings -> phone update (While your at home on your home WIFI) There is now a 4G update and some cool apps. Windows Phone 8 Amber

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks for your help, I have now got the photos coming through. You did better than the O2 support.

Thank again

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your very welcome.

Message 7 of 8

Patonthenet
  • 83 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

what did you need to do ?

Message 8 of 8