cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling phone contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all!

Just a quick question really. My phone contract was only a 12 month contract that I took out three years ago and so I have finished my contract long ago. My question is can I cancel this phone contract with out any termination fees considering I have finished my 12 months? I don't use the phone anymore and right now it is just bleeding money out of my account each month for something that I do not use or have the intention of using.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks everyone, let me clarify. I know that the money was going out; it ended a long time ago but the money was continuing to 'roll over' each month. Would I be able to cancel this without any termination charges, if I give them the 30 days notice?

No termination charges - Just the last 30 days to pay, as I said above.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brilliant! Thank you! ^_^

Message 12 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No problem, Just leave your DD in place until you have confirmed the contract has ended.
If they try and bill you after the notice period you can claim the money back, but it is easier than trying to fight a default due to you cancelling the DD.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 13