cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can o2 customers upgrade somebody elses's phone as a gift?

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi there this is nothing to do with my o2 or phone. it is just a question. My boyfriend is also an o2 customer and has been for a while and for xmas i would like to buy him a new mobile phone but i was going to get it as an upgrade is there any chance this can be done in store without him finding out i.e no texts to be sent to his mobile phone but me still being able to upgrade it? x

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh my word what's confusing on here is that u end up replying back to one and it creates confusion to all! I understand I cant do a payg upgrade in my boyfriends name, so then I asked if I had just upgraded my payg phone am I allowed to go through the payg upgrade again to get his? Even tho its the same phone and is it too early to upgrade as soon as I have? No contracts....nothing in his name...ignore the previous messages now do u all understand this?

If you quote people in your reply it makes it easier to follow wink

What your are asking is no different to just buying a phone for him, which is what you need to do.

There won't be any upgrade credit on your account if you've just done one so no benefit to you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 26

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Buy him a pair of socks.....it's easier wink

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 22 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

i didnt realise i could tag or quote people as im a beginner on the community. Ive already got thim a pair of socks lol payg upgrade saves you like £20 on the new phone so i was just being a tight wad 😉 sod it he's getting a vocuher instead! lol thanks all x

Message 23 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's the thought that counts. 😉
Message 24 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
A voucher is a great idea slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

i didnt realise i could tag or quote people as im a beginner on the community. Ive already got thim a pair of socks lol payg upgrade saves you like £20 on the new phone so i was just being a tight wad 😉 sod it he's getting a vocuher instead! lol thanks all x

Good idea. @Anonymous  Just don't let him know your were thinking of getting him a new phone LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 26