cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking "Withheld"numbers on Sony Ericsson K800i

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I block "Withheld" numbers from ringing my mobile Sony Ericsson K800i.  I have a withheld number calling me at approximately 12 midday 1 pm EVERY DAY for the past two to three months- when I answer they either hang up or it goes to a recorded message about PPI and I AM FED UP!

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Angela,

The first thing I would do is to register your mobile phone number with the Telephone Preference Service . This will at least give you some sort of protection from spam phone calls like these ones. However its not immediate and not all companies adhere to the rules and regulations.

I dont believe there is a way to block numbers on the phone itself, however you may be able to call O2 and ask them if they can do anything on your account. I know they can block specific numbers but I'm not sure if they can do anything because the number is withheld slight_frown

You could also use the restrict calls setting. With this you can set up a list of the numbers you DO want to have call you (ie all of your contacts) and then any other number that calls you are diverted either to your answerphone or told the number is unavailable depending on your diversion settings. However this does mean that if you ever get legitimate calls from someone who isnt in your "allowed" list then you wont get the call.

I still have my K800i at home so I'll see if there is anything else you can do, but I do think a call to O2 might help.

Let us know how you get on!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Angela,

The first thing I would do is to register your mobile phone number with the Telephone Preference Service . This will at least give you some sort of protection from spam phone calls like these ones. However its not immediate and not all companies adhere to the rules and regulations.

I dont believe there is a way to block numbers on the phone itself, however you may be able to call O2 and ask them if they can do anything on your account. I know they can block specific numbers but I'm not sure if they can do anything because the number is withheld slight_frown

You could also use the restrict calls setting. With this you can set up a list of the numbers you DO want to have call you (ie all of your contacts) and then any other number that calls you are diverted either to your answerphone or told the number is unavailable depending on your diversion settings. However this does mean that if you ever get legitimate calls from someone who isnt in your "allowed" list then you wont get the call.

I still have my K800i at home so I'll see if there is anything else you can do, but I do think a call to O2 might help.

Let us know how you get on!

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
PapaDug - O2 can't block specific numbers or withheld numbers unfortunately - all they can do is change your number.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Every day is a school day! I didn't know that, and had always believed that it was possible for numbers to be blocked! Thanks for the info opium! slight_smile
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I have registered with TPS so hopefully will make a difference.  Forgot they existed as had registered landline number several years ago and it does work.

Message 5 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

If you listen to the message and get their contact details or a number for them, it should be possible to find out who they are.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 6