Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry update

alan1yandell
Level 1: Joiner
  • 21 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can anybody from O2 tech tell me and everybody else with a BB10 phone when the latest update will be released from 10.3.1.xxxx to 10.3.2.xxxx or if O2 will not release a update.

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
You will get the update once BlackBerry releases it to O2 then O2 will check it themselves & add there bloatware then it will be released when O2 decides it
Message 2 of 33

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Chris_K is our firmware chap.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

According to Crackberry, it started to roll out in March. It does have a number of known issues though according to this article. As said @Chris_K will be the one to tell you when it will be ready for O2 users

http://crackberry.com/leaked-os-1032281-now-available-most-blackberry-10-devices

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @alan1yandell

I've got a BB Passport and I'm still on 10.3.1. Based on what I've read the 10.3.2 is still a Beta version, and if you follow the link given below you can confirm this and also see how many bugs it has! If for some reason I get the update , I'm not sure if I'm going to install it just yet... I'm very happy with the last update and the improvements on the Calendar and hub, although still not 100% happy with how the OS "plays" with the Android Apps...

Edit:D'oh! I meant above @jonsie, @Cleoriff Link ...

Message 5 of 33

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

alan1yandell
Level 1: Joiner
  • 21 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a BB10 Z10 and a Z30 both at the mo are on different 10.3.1.xxxx software versions,the reason why i am asking about update is i find the camera incosistant on the Z30 .takes brilliant photo then take another of same subject and though the green box shows focused the pic is blurry i can only think this is a software issue as i dont get this problem on the Z10.USA and i think Canada have had BB 10.3.2.xxxx update and also BB10's got from shop Blackberry and Amazon though both my Z10 and Z30 are unlocked.Even tried update with no sim in the phones via Link but that proved fruitless.

The only bloatware i get is  O2 bubbles after phone starts up and a link in the browser to O2 apart from that zilch.I can only think that Europe will get it soon, but i wish Blackberry would release world wide all at the same time.I thought of using Autoloader or similar but i refrained from going down that route.

If this new Slider is released and when, i wonder if O2 will stock that seeing it probably be running Android with BB security and BB10 OS.

Message 7 of 33

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
O2 have a bit of a downer on BB devices at the mo, for some reason....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 33

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 9 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The Blackberry Slider (odename Venice) is possibly due for release in November...though there is no mention of UK release dates. I think it would have to be sourced somewhere other than O2 if honest....even though it will be running an android OS......

http://crackberry.com/blackberrys-upcoming-slider-codenamed-venice-may-release-november-2015

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 33