cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry tariff?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does O2 still offer blackberry tariffs? I currently have an iPhone one but fancy a change.

I have a blackberry handset already
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Which blackberry phone do you use.

Some newer models no longer require the bolt on's.

Bolt on's ->

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/tariffs/bolt-ons

Look at the Data options.

You would need to speak to O2 to Come off your iData settings for data on your account and most likely have to de register from iMessage - see here -> http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Apple-launches-web-tool-to-deregister-pho...
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @Anonymous 

Well the answer is yes , but depending on the handset u may need a specific bb bolton.

If it's a BB10 then all you need is just a non iphone data bolton, if your tariff is fairly recent you should be able to use it straight away, but the only way to find out is to try the sim card.

Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Which Blackberry handset do you have?

They still do the tariffs but dont do the bolt ons for the Q10 models as they are not needed. You just use a standard data bolt on for that model....

One of our Blackberry users @aldaweb  gave this advice to another member asking a similar question

"Be aware if you had a Blackberry previously that the data is not compressed for Blackberry 10 devices as it was on BIS so your usage could be significantly higher."

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous  was slowly posting and didn't realise you were online. wink

@Anonymous  please take rosadoscs advice...she also uses Blackberry devices...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sneaked in...You know me...Somebody mentions Blackberry....:smileywink:

Did enjoy the compressed data advice! We will convert you to BB one day!!LOL

@Anonymous you were using an iphone before, so even if you have a bb10 you will still not use half the data you used before.

When I moved from bb7 OS I was spending about 10mb!? now I'm spending about 300mb. And yes I do use it alot!

Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Nah...will stick with my Note 3 thanks @Anonymous  As for the compressed data advice. I did credit aldaweb with that...as I bookmarked one of his posts. I knew one day it would come in handy....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's the bold 9900 I would be using
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Then you need to change type bolt on I'm afraid. Just ring 202, Web chat or even put your sim in the BlackBerry, and then go on my o2 and change to a blackberry bolt on. When you put the sim in a different phone the system recognises it and it will give you the right options. Hope this helps. Bear in mind that that you will need very little data as BlackBerry compresses data. Hope this helps! slight_smile 

Message 9 of 9